Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must admit already not too excited about the new season! how about you lot?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    This is the season before we take the division by storm (IMO).
    I think you might be right mate. However I still think this won't be a season of consolidation and that we will go close but maybe just not make it.

Which again won't be the worst thing in the world. If we can get top 6 then we will all enjoy this season as that will mean we would of won plenty of games and be building something special again. Like any team in this league we will need some luck on the way to.

Comment

Ramsey is coaching and overseeing the academy...can't see anything wrong with that personally as it is something he is fcking superb at (proven at Spurs).

If JFH took that on as well, everyone on here would be bursting blood vessels complaining he isn't focused enough on the first team!
      Whether he is any good or not it will still take time to catch up to where other clubs are at , we haven't produced a player to feature regualy in the1st team since Langley , I hate to say it but Brentford are way in front of us with their youth development which is now bearing fruit ,but my point was this thread has nothing to do with being negative or positive not being optermistic it's about being patient and apreachiating the amount of work that is still in hand , yeah we could buy a team to hit the ground running but IMO we can't get squad good enough to see out the season yes it could happen ! But I see that as being unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        I nearly agree with all of this post:

Top striker takes you up in actual fact, 20+ goals and your laughing, especially if your defense is tight. If we have 2 good wing backs and a top striker we could be laughing ourselves.

But, I don't think our team is league 1 standard, otherwise we would have been relegated IMO.
        Tbf I said barring a few players. Against Bristol city I looked at our line up and said to my pal, take Ingram, Chery, Hall and Ned out of that side and that is a league 1 side. Looking at it optimistically though, IF we recruit well and bring in 4 or 5 decent players for this level (including a striker!!) all of a sudden We have a decent side. We have the whole summer of recruitment ahead of us so could go either way .
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I found this article which shows the average wage for a player in the championship £324,000 per year last season. Even that's mental money and that's just their basic wage with out top ops.

My point would be if that's the average wage which works out about 6k a week I believe of QPR are offering upto 20k a week in this league then we will still be one of the most generous clubs in the leagues and a attractive prospect to many.

That's why I think we have a great chance to recruit very well this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...eep-along.html
          That's very interesting, thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Tbf I said barring a few players. Against Bristol city I looked at our line up and said to my pal, take Ingram, Chery, Hall and Ned out of that side and that is a league 1 side. Looking at it optimistically though, IF we recruit well and bring in 4 or 5 decent players for this level (including a striker!!) all of a sudden We have a decent side. We have the whole summer of recruitment ahead of us so could go either way .
            Fair dooze, I guess the team that started that game in some ways could be looked in some departments as LG1.

A striker would change a lot, as Chery could be naughty for us next year if hes given freedom to do his thing. Hall and Nedum must play every game together, Nedum is NOT a RB.

Comment

Tbf I said barring a few players. Against Bristol city I looked at our line up and said to my pal, take Ingram, Chery, Hall and Ned out of that side and that is a league 1 side.
              Take 4 of the best players out of a side and the same can be said for pretty much every side in the Championship bar 2 or 3.

Comment

Take 4 of the best players out of a side and the same can be said for pretty much every side in the Championship bar 2 or 3.
                Disagree. Not many clubs outside of the relegation zone have 7 league 1 quality players in their starting 11. Anyway, it was just a flippant comment on the side that started a glorified friendly v Bristol City, hopefully we recruit well and we going into the season with a strong side .
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Disagree. Not many clubs outside of the relegation zone have 7 league 1 quality players in their starting 11. Anyway, it was just a flippant comment on the side that started a glorified friendly v Bristol City, hopefully we recruit well and we going into the season with a strong side .
                  Well I'd say take the 4 best players from most Championship sides and the remaining players are pretty much the same standard as ours.

Comment

Well I'd say take the 4 best players from most Championship sides and the remaining players are pretty much the same standard as ours.

- Derby, Boro, Hull, Burnley all have exceptional squads to be perfectly honest.

- Brighton and Shef Weds however, I don't think they have exceptional squads but clearly a good starting 11. Having said that, I would probably agree that taking 4 players out of that team and you have a poor eleven and no better than QPR.

- Having said that, there are teams in the league this season that could easily be in that top 6 IMO, who have as good as or better squads than Brighton and Shef Weds. It really is about the manager, the spirit and the tactics, which is half the reason why we went up twice.

On paper Fulham should / could easily be top half, they have two outrageous strikers for that level yet they are PONY. Cardiff always have a good squad as do Notts Forest, Leeds and Wolves.

Comment

Against Bristol city I looked at our line up and said to my pal, take Ingram, Chery, Hall and Ned out of that side and that is a league 1 side.
                      Agree. And next term the division looks to be tougher.

Comment

i agree matty,deffo important we get those 4 or 5 quality players ,and that they fit in and gel,or we could really struggle!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                        X