Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must admit already not too excited about the new season! how about you lot?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must admit already not too excited about the new season! how about you lot?!

After keeping reading about how we`re only going to buy young up and coming players,also on the cheap,cant help but feel real deflated,as you really do need a blend of old and young,but going by the style of jimmys play over the season,doesnt make it feel too exciting for me anyway for the new season,now if he was going to be playing a very attacking & exciting style,itd be a different thing,as dont mind that,but if he carries on in the same style,really doesnt excite me anyway the thought of it!

hows everyone elses thoughts on it?

http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Who do you want to sign that would change opinion

Comment

I'm the opposite tbh.

I don't know why but I am fully expecting us to push on. I genuinely believe we will spend some money his year on decent championship proven players.
      I think the club know what they want this season and will try and do it. Yes I think we have a wage structure now but I 100% believe we will move Sandro, fer and Phillips on and will reinvest.

I also get the impression we will look to do our business quite early this year. I do t think it's as doom and gloom as people think when it comes to our finances. No we aren't offering people 40k a week any more but 20k a week in the champ is still a very attractive wage.

If we can bring in young guns like cousins and Lansbury and a coupe of decent wingers and re energise the middle of the park for us then we are laughing. Maybe a decent striker to!!

Comment

I actually cannot wait because we're apprently paying of our FFP with a fee so that will be the slate clean, we're becoming steady club with nearly all our players now on Championship wages , I expect Fer, Caulker and Sandro gon. And there isn't the promotion or money fear this coming season

Comment

Can't wait. Club wanting to bring in young energetic players who want to progress. Beats watching sideways ####ing hoofball. I'll be the first to come on here and admit I'm wrong if we're playing drossball next season, just hope all the Jimmy and les bashers do the same although I suspect they will just jump on the bandwagon if we do alright. It's a slow process but let's give them half a chance to get it right before cunting them off with ought a ball kicked in anger eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Can't wait. Club wanting to bring in young energetic players who want to progress. Beats watching sideways ####ing hoofball. I'll be the first to come on here and admit I'm wrong if we're playing drossball next season, just hope all the Jimmy and les bashers do the same although I suspect they will just jump on the bandwagon if we do alright. It's a slow process but let's give them half a chance to get it right before cunting them off with ought a ball kicked in anger eh?
            good post this

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              Your spot in mate. We just need to give them a bit of time to implement the changes they are planning. We started it last year and actually picked up some pretty decent players. If we can add 5 or 6 more of the quality of smithies and hall then it can only serve us well.

Comment

We ain't going to get a settled squad good enough to get out of this division for another 2 years , there will be far better settled squads than us in Norwich Brentford and any of the the play off teams that don't make it these are clubs well in front of us in building their squads over the last few years while wer'e playing catch up after wasting last year and still rebuilding wth the need to bring in another half of a squad to settle in
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 12-05-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  We ain't going to get a settled squad good enough to get out of this division for another 2 years , there will be far better settled squads than us in Norwich Brentford and any of the the play off teams that don't make it these are clubs well in front of us in building their squads over the last few years while wer'e playing catch up after wasting last year and still rebuilding wth the need to bring in another half of a squad to settle in
                  Plenty of teams have assembled new teams and gone into promotion or certainly to challenge. Look at what we did under Warnock.

We are 100% in limbo Imo and 4 or 5 bad signings and we could be in trouble but get 4 or 5 decent ones and we could easily compete at the top.

Depends on the ambition of the board and also how shrewdly they can conduct business.

Comment

We could maids and some clubs do build their squads that hit the ground running but far more take a while to get it right IMO last season was a waste of time the club was in turmoil not knowing it's rrs from it's elbow , so to me wer'e making a fresh start this season bought in half a squad last season bringing in another half this time adding more confusion to settling the squad

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      We could maids and some clubs do build their squads that hit the ground running but far more take a while to get it right IMO last season was a waste of time the club was in turmoil not knowing it's rrs from it's elbow , so to me wer'e making a fresh start this season bought in half a squad last season bringing in another half this time adding more confusion to settling the squad
                      I hear you mate. Thing with the championship it's fine details and so hard to call. I'm Optimistic now but will be interesting to see who we bring in.

If it's signings like Lansbury and cousins with a couple of players like roofe then I think we could do well. If we focus on bringing 6 or 7 players like naseer who are ok but no world beaters at this level and the likes of this McCory bloke from burton because we are penny pinching then I think that will very much be reflected in our position next season.

Here's to hoping it's the former of these options
                      Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 12-05-2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I look forward to the day when I feel we have a squad a la what Leicester and Burnley had the season they went up. Selling Phillips and Hoilett will not dismantle the team at all,IMO. Ofcourse Iīm not especially looking forward to the prospect of selling Smithies, but if Ingram is as good as people on here suggest, he should be more than capable of making the number 1- shirt his own. When it comes to defence and midfield, I really hope we will go for a few tried and tested CC-players.On a sidenote; maybe Itīs time for Nedum to go? Our youngsters looks OK when I have seen them on telly, but with the emotional and somewhat surprising departures of Faurlin and Hill, we need to go for routine when ""the moneymen" Represented by Les and JFH are looking to bolster the team/squad this summer. Donīt get me wrong, I expect us to sign a few young players also, thatīs for sure. Maybe, I finally will get the chance to see a Norwegian player at QPR next season? That would be magnificent..
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Cant say im excited tbh
                          R's

Comment

Can't wait! Excited for youth and whoever we bring in..estatic to have got rid of all those Wages already and hopeful of selling even more players. Plus just enjoy being at LR and watching us play. I think next season will be more promising and exciting and a step in the right direction.

Comment

If someone did a poll for next season where do you think we'ed finish??

I still can't see much better than this season....
                              The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Working...
                              X