Going for another Burton Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
    Robinson has played 1/2 games but clearly the scouts on this forum believe he is the next Phillip Lahm.

Comment

Kpekwa might end up being a decent player, jury still out for me, long way to go and all that with only playing a handful this year. IMO he should have been thrown in earlier if he was any good.

Robinson has played 1/2 games but clearly the scouts on this forum believe he is the next Phillip Lahm.

So after that we are pretty screwed, IMO we do need a new LB.
      Maybe thats true but how do we know that this League 1 players is good enough for this level. Look at how impressive Washington has been since he signed. - still awaiting his 1st goal .
      Kpekwa has performed well so far so lets not dismiss him so soon and risk ruining another prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Maybe thats true but how do we know that this League 1 players is good enough for this level. Look at how impressive Washington has been since he signed. - still awaiting his 1st goal .
        Kpekwa has performed well so far so lets not dismiss him so soon and risk ruining another prospect.
        Jury is still out for me IMO, just not 100% sure! I just dont get why he didnt get more game time towards the end of the season?

Washington needs to relax, as do the fans and JFH should have given him more and better opportunities IMO. A goal will come, but hes trying too hard now.

Comment

Jury is still out for me IMO, just not 100% sure! I just dont get why he didnt get more game time towards the end of the season?

Washington needs to relax, as do the fans and JFH should have given him more and better opportunities IMO. A goal will come, but hes trying too hard now.
          Washington only got 2 in the first 16 games for Peterborough, then he went on a rampage before joining us. Season before that he had about a goal every 3 games.

I'm hoping he has a decent Euro's and pre-season to give him the confidence for the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Washington only got 2 in the first 16 games for Peterborough, then he went on a rampage before joining us. Season before that he had about a goal every 3 games.

I'm hoping he has a decent Euro's and pre-season to give him the confidence for the new season.
            Agreed. The guy will score, I am sure of that, just needs game time and less pressure.

Comment

Out of interest, anybody know where the phrase "going for a Burton" originated?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                With Perch, Kpekawa and Robinson we are already amply covered in that position.

We have FAR bigger priorities in other positions than adding yet another LB to the squad.
                each of the players mentioned have questions marks but that aside, we are still able to sign this player and sign players in other positions. Not sure how this is being interpreted as a priority; rather a good, cheap deal (free) that we can get done early.

Comment

Working...
                X