X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Norwich will walk it in my view

Villa and Newcastle in for difficult time
    This. Newcastle are stuffed full of gutless, over paid, international mercenaries. Many will leave. And those who can't won't be up for the championship.

Comment

Think Newcastle will walk the league like they did last time they were in the championship.

Norwich will be up there no doubt.

Comment

Geordie's Champs with Norwich going straight back and any one from 8 in play off's. Dont think it will include us though? would like to be proven wrong

Comment

Rotherham, unless Warnock goes to Cardiff then it will be Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            Think Newcastle will walk the league like they did last time they were in the championship.

Norwich will be up there no doubt.
            Newcastle had a team ready made for the championship last time. Not sure they do this time.

Comment

Thing is Newcastle have a half decent spine of English talent.

They keep shelvey and Townsend for 1 year add the lad armstrong up top with mitrovic and colbeck and buy sensibly in the summer then I just see them being a level above anything in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Thing is Newcastle have a half decent spine of English talent.

They keep shelvey and Townsend for 1 year add the lad armstrong up top with mitrovic and colbeck and buy sensibly in the summer then I just see them being a level above anything in the championship.
                haha...Newcastle are well known for buying sensibly aren't they !?

Comment

QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Rotherham, unless Warnock goes to Cardiff then it will be Cardiff.
                    Have to agree, in fact if they let Warnock go, I could see them dropping down

Comment

It depends on which one of the 4 teams gets the final place in the premiership. By rights it should be Brighton, but as we know it doesn't always work like that. If they fail to make it I think they have to be one of the favourites next season.

Unless things look up and we get some good players in,I don't really fancy our chances next season. I'm not even sure we will do as well as we did this season. This is from somebody who is usually full of optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        It depends on which one of the 4 teams gets the final place in the premiership. By rights it should be Brighton, but as we know it doesn't always work like that. If they fail to make it I think they have to be one of the favourites next season.

Unless things look up and we get some good players in,I don't really fancy our chances next season. I'm not even sure we will do as well as we did this season. This is from somebody who is usually full of optimism.
                        Going to be a long summer of players coming and going. Can fully asses our realistic chances come the first game when new players are in.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Norwich will walk it in my view

Villa and Newcastle in for difficult time
                          Agree with this although don't think Norwich will walk it, but they will certainly be there or thereabouts.

As for people saying Newcastle will walk it, I can't see that happening by any stretch of the imagination. The team will be decimated. Any half decent player will walk....we already heard the uproar as the likes of Townsend and others had release clauses in the deals if relegated, a lot lower than the amount they paid a few months ago... genius that. So decent players will leave and most of the others have not only underperformed, but there's not the sense of wanting to play for that club with this squad like you had in recent past. Where are the homegrown players...?

It won't be like a few years back when they had a core of players who wanted to do well for the club and they benefitted from that, the likes of Barton, Nolan, Taylor, Carroll etc. I think they will be ripped apart and the ones that will stay are the overpaid players that have proved no good, so nobody will want them. They certainly won't be busting a gut in the championship, hence think they'll struggle.

As for Villa, blimey.... it's a myth by some that they hadn't invested in recent times. On the contrary, Tim spent shed loads last summer, mainly on crap. Again any decent player might leave. although there aren't many, but the others are useless and counting the cash from their wages first and foremost. They will struggle for sure as a club in utter turmoil.

Comment

Can see Newcastle walking it. It could be good for the club actually, especially if Rafa is given control.

They're too big a club to get picked apart, and Ashley's not stupid. Sell Wijnaldum, Ayoze, Thauvin, Sissoko and maybe 1 or 2 more and spend the cash brining in a few replacements and they'll be fine./

Villa would be MUCH better off if they hadn't stayed up for the last few years and signed shite like Ayew, Richards, Lescott on big wages.

Comment

Newcastle will probably lose Krul, Jaanmat, Colocinni, Anita, Townsend, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic and Cisse this summer. Thats near enough their starting 11.
                              Not guaranteed to get fees for them either. Like we've experienced first hand, teams will be circling in the hope of getting season long loans. Gets the wage off the books and a small loan fee, but doesnt mean you can reinvest in similar quality to what they'll lose.
                              Will also be interesting to see how willing Ashley is to spend this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                                Can see Newcastle walking it. It could be good for the club actually, especially if Rafa is given control.
                                You reckon he'll be happy to stick around in the championship?
                                Cant see it myself

Comment

Working...
                                X