No announcement yet.

Villa, Newcastle & Norwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on a stadium tour at St james' park a few months back and the tour guide made it pretty clear that premier league survival was more vital to Newcastle's financial security than any other club in the relegation battle ... I think the tv rights alone for each premier league club for next season is like 180 million or something crazy like that and given how much money they've paid on players, wages and the running costs of the club itself you can see why.

All in all though I'm sad to see them go down, always had a bit of a soft spot for their history, passion and huge support despite how crap they are ... but at the end of the day its their fans that let them down, literally they have so much potential as a club and have everything right there. On paper they are easily one of the biggest clubs in the country with a great stadium and facilities to match but still suck because their fans rage and protest everytime they lose a match ... they're worse than us!!

Comment

Agree , massive club that underachieve. Arsenal are the same with soppy supporters thinking they should be winning everything. Finishing 4th in the prem and their not happy? Jokers
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
        Alardyce done a great job. Guaranteed to stay in prem with him as manager. He would have got us promoted this year if we went for him when he was availible . But board chose ramsey and JFh so we could become championship no hopers .
        Just like we're were with Harry

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          Any chance we can knick a few of their players....are there any worth taking
          Not that i think we would get them, but Lascelles and Colback would be my picks

Comment

Over the moon Norwich and Villa have dropped

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              Too many happyclappers at our club mate 😆
              or the fact it is just a tradition that has been done for as long as i can remember.

Comment

Still laughing at Villa, that lad they got from Barca, Traore (what is it with that name) is on for a 50% pay rise next season, I need his agent!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Can't wait to see how Newcastle cope with FFP.
                  Mike Ashley thinks he can do what he wants without redress, a complete nutter who cares for nothing except himself
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Lots of press speculation that Neil Warnock will be the Geordie boss if Benitez walks

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                      Lots of press speculation that Neil Warnock will be the Geordie boss if Benitez walks
                      Would make a lot of sense if Benitez does leave them. They'd be pretty formidable and Warnock would love it and they'd smash the league. He'd probably be signed on the understanding that they'd bring someone else in once he got them up but what a last job.

I actually hope this happens for Warnock.

Comment

Newcastle always good away day/night. Can't see us getting too many points off the 3 of them.....especially bloody Norwich!

Comment

Yeah I'd be very happy for Warnock if he went to Newcastle too! He deserves to manage a big club after all he's done, I'm sure the Newcastle fans would grow to love him.

Comment

i personally think 2 of them will go back up with villa being the team that stays or goes down again.
                            TWITTER
                            @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                            Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

So Rafa Benitez has signed for three years at Newcastle. Is it a foregone conclusion they will win the league or is he in for a real shock trying to play football in this division?

How things change eh, being the manager facing Barcelona last year, its Burton Albion and Rotherham this year. Ha ha ha ha,

Comment

I still think Newcastle will struggle. They will be expected to be at the top or thereabouts so if they don't get immediate results they could have problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X