Lansbury and Mancienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Lansbury would be a very tidy signing and a huge improvement on any of our current central midfielders. Mancienne would be useful too (based on the little I've seen of him in recent years).

Interesting to see so many negative posts on here about these 2. I can't really see why. Both are established players at this level and 4m quid is buttons in this league these days!
    Let's not forget the standards on here are so exceptionally high. Crouch, Defoe and Gayle have never even been good enough when rumoured.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Mancienne isn't just a CB though is he. Plays RB and in midfield as well.

£4m for the both? Absofarkinglutely !
      Believe Mancienne played a lot of games as defensive midfield at Forest, as he did in Germany for a few years with Hamburg. Defensive midfield is where I believe we have been seriously lacking this season. The system JFH seems to prefer requires this type of player and from what I've seen of MM he's very comfortable with the ball. We would also have CB cover

Comment

On the subject of Mancienne, I use to play football a lot at goals in Hayes around the time he was on loan with us.
        He was there one night, must have been supporting friends as i passed him near the entrance way. Couldnt believe how short he was.
        First thought was obviously how could this guy ever be a commanding CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          On the subject of Mancienne, I use to play football a lot at goals in Hayes around the time he was on loan with us.
          He was there one night, must have been supporting friends as i passed him near the entrance way. Couldnt believe how short he was.
          First thought was obviously how could this guy ever be a commanding CB.
          He's 6ft aint he?
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            He's 6ft aint he?
            Cant say i've read his file. Is he?

Comment

Where he is? An established Championship CB? Isn't that exactly what we are looking for? Anybody that thinks we can attract people that are better than "established Championship" players are deluded, we are an average Championship side and will recruit accordingly. Think some of us need to lower expectations.
              I don't think Mancienne is better we already have. Wouldn't sign him.

Comment

He's 6ft aint he?
                Spy on 6ft Matty according to Wiki.

Comment

For 4 million I'd be all over that especially for Mancienne. He's a good player and can cover different positions too, although I hope he's not being signed for our midfield as there are other players I'd rather we signed.

Lansbury though is a bit of a sick note

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    I don't think Mancienne is better we already have. Wouldn't sign him.
                    Didn't Matty mean the better players in the division? I'd have said he's on par with what we already have so would be a good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
                      Spy on 6ft Matty according to Wiki.
                      Sorry Matty,I meant SPOT ON not SPY ON.

Comment

For me he is a lot better than what wev'e got but not paired with anybody we have , IMO he would be better in a partnership with a Clint Hilll or a Dunnie type player , Hall would be a bit too green to to cover his past weaknesses , as said earlier let it bounce Ned isn't positive enough to play alongside him
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 11-05-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

A local Nottingham based paper report on our bid. Implies that a bid of £6m for Lansbury alone might be happening (Bristol City) but then says that Mancienne struggled to get back into Nott Forest first team on his return from injury.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/QPR-ru...ail/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            Didn't Matty mean the better players in the division? I'd have said he's on par with what we already have so would be a good fit.
                            Yes, but if we want to improve we need better players what we have now. Agree he's about the same standard as Onuoha and Perch. If we get him cheaply so why not sign him but we definitely need to sign a better right back too.

Comment

Working...
                            X