No announcement yet.

Ned and his future at QPR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see Nedum and Hall being the partnership. If Caulker does return then I think that he could find a new position (defensive midfield? - he is quick).

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
      Didn't JFH say he is letting Clint go as he wants someone to play 20 or 30 games at CB next season ? Would this indicate he wants someone else to play alongside Hall rather than Ned.
      He said he wants a CB who can play 46 games...so to me he's either indicating Ned will go back to that position or he has his eye on someone.

Comment

Lovely guy, but never been convinced he's much good. Nervous Ned is a perfect nickname for him as he's a flapper.

Had a decent season though so credit to him for that. Not amazing, just good.

If I was to be honest, I'd say if we got an offer, I'd sell him. I can only imagine he's on massive money as he came from Man City under Hughseless at a time when we were handing out stupid contracts with Phil Beard signing the cheques off.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Currently, Ned is my first choice with Hall next year. Think they compliment each other well. Wouldn't be averse to selling him (or almost anyone in the squad) for a very very good bid.
          As of now, agree. A lot of evidence now that Ned at CB is very co-dependent on who is playing next to him, he's a confidence player.

Not really a leader at the back though for that very reason.

Comment

Ridiculous to have ever made him captain. Doesn't lead by example or open his mouth. Needs to go, this is the type of player that will hold us back. Could play when dunne told him what to do, otherwise completely lost and relies on his pace which at times makes him look far too uncomfortable in possession. We need to help out hall and playing nedum isn't the healthy answer for the young man
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yeah Hall is a more naturally gifted CB, but we've had a problem in this area since start of Hughes era. It's now 50% sorted.....

Comment

He's fine at this level. If we were promoted i would say yes to a new CB taking his position. A Hall and Ned partnership next season will do me as long as we sort of the RB area. We will bring in a young CB no doubt lets see if he's another Grant Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Ridiculous to of ever made him captain. Doesn't lead by example or open his mouth. Needs to go, this is the type of player that will hold us back. Could play when dunne told him what to do, over wise completely lost and relies on his pace which at times makes him look far too uncomfortable in possession. We need to help out hall and playing nedum isn't the healthy answer for the young man
                  Everyone says he looks uncomfortable in possession, as far as I'm aware, he's the only person on a saturday looking to use the ball and get forward from defence. Don't know where this whole thing came from that he can't use the ball.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Very poor first touch and as far as his ability goes as a ball playing centre half just go back to Notts Forest at and his back pass to Green which led to Green's Red card. All about opinions but not a captain for me and stand by my opinion that Dunne made him look better than he is by organising the back line.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Very poor first touch and as far as his ability goes as a ball playing centre half just go back to Notts Forest at and his back pass to Green which led to Green's Red card. All about opinions but not a captain for me and stand by my opinion that Dunne made him look better than he is by organising the back line.
                      Such a bad first touch that he's only lost possession through a bad first touch 5 times playing at centre back this season? Of the 44 centre backs to play more than 21 games this season, only 6 have lost it less than him on a bad first touch. Again, if you watch him, he's actually quite good on the ball and this is backed up by the fact that of the 18 dribbles he's attempted this season (only 4 centre backs have attempted more), he's succeeded 14 times (only 5 centre backs have succeeded more). But yea, he's not good enough on the ball. Every player has their moments. I even remember Hall having a shocker (can't remember which game) playing with Angella next to him where he did nothing right.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Such a bad first touch that he's only lost possession through a bad first touch 5 times playing at centre back this season? Of the 44 centre backs to play more than 21 games this season, only 6 have lost it less than him on a bad first touch. Again, if you watch him, he's actually quite good on the ball and this is backed up by the fact that of the 18 dribbles he's attempted this season (only 4 centre backs have attempted more), he's succeeded 14 times (only 5 centre backs have succeeded more). But yea, he's not good enough on the ball. Every player has their moments. I even remember Hall having a shocker (can't remember which game) playing with Angella next to him where he did nothing right.
                        He's actually pretty good at dribbling the ball for his size, i have seen him do it quite a few times this season. We need Ned to play with Hall as he gets found out against nippy forwards, i thought that Kodija gave Hall a torrid time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                          He's actually pretty good at dribbling the ball for his size, i have seen him do it quite a few times this season. We need Ned to play with Hall as he gets found out against nippy forwards, i thought that Kodija gave Hall a torrid time.
                          This 100%, he sort of reminds me of a championship Mamadou Sakho (without the drugs thing). I don't know how he manages to do some of the stuff he does, but he tends to get it done in the and and that's what we can ask for. Kodjia was a nightmare for the pair of them. Hall can't deal with his pace but can deal with his skills, vice versa with Ned. Such a good striker at this level is that Kodjia, really amazed he didn't go to a lower prem side as I think he's good enough.

Comment

All about opinions and whatever your stats say his technical ability is poor. You have yours and others have theirs! Does not make me right or wrong as I form the opinion with how I coach and what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              All about opinions and whatever your stats say his technical ability is poor. You have yours and others have theirs! Does not make me right or wrong as I form the opinion with how I coach and what I see.
                              Goodness, it's the go to argument these days, if someone says something factual, the standard answer is "it's all about opinions". Of course opinions are all about opinions, but stating that he has a poor first touch when the numbers disprove this, stating that he's technically poor when the stats disprove that, those aren't opinions, those are statements which can be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                This. Ned & Hall are very good CB pairing for this level, personally think Ned gets way too much stick. He is no right back though, only ever a CB.
                                This, but Caulker will be back as no one will buy him!

Comment

Working...
                                X