Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we in crisis (again!)? At least 14 new signings needed and we have no money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As usual on this board a lot of extreme opinions, both positive and negative. I think we were in crisis in Jan 2015 when we were facing relegation and failed to address the problem in the right way. Now I think we have stabilised as a mid-table, solid, slightly dull Championship side which is uninspiring but not a crisis. Indeed, the underlying financial problems are probably more under control than they have been since Fernandez bought the club. But equally we seem a very long way short of a promotion chasing team/ squad at the moment, and when fans predict top 6 they are surely basing that on hope rather than evidence. A couple of inspired bargain buys could change that - how much did Mahrez and Vardy cost? - but of course 12/14 Championship clubs must also be thinking if they manage to pick up a few inspired buys they could also be in the play offs. My hunch is this season will be fairly tough going again but as with everyone else's prediction that is simply a very early pre-season guess.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I think the clubs succes rate was pretty decent last year with signings. Smithies, hall, cherry and lying I have all worked out well in their own way. Not brought in for huge money and when performed we ties them down to a longer deal pretty quickly.

With the lower league or premiership reserve signings there is going to be a element of hit and miss until yo get them in and give them ago. To early to judge Connor imo and certainly not until I have seen him okay 5,6 or 7 games back to back. The same with nas. Nas to me looks like a handy squad player if not a first 11 and at 250 k and in his wage that's still great business.

I hope the club still go down this route with signing but they do need to also concentrate a decent sum of money on established championship quality if we are to progress to the levels that led was speaking about the other day ur okay off contenders next year.

Comment

Working...
      X