Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we in crisis (again!)? At least 14 new signings needed and we have no money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Next season though has to see us properly take the plunge on some proper playing time for some of the youngsters, sink or swim for them.
    Fully agree with this.
    Furlong should start the season as understudy to Perch at RB, and would see plenty of action over the course of the season. By all accounts, has done very well out on loan this season.
    Kpekawa backing up Robbo at LB with Doughty challenging in central midfield.
    I'd also give Petrasso starts from the off.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
      Burnley; Vokes, Gray and Boyd QPR; Polter, Washington and..... enough said!!!!
      Chery...
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
        Burnley; Vokes, Gray and Boyd QPR; Polter, Washington and..... enough said!!!!
        Burnley have had the benefit of having a settled squad for a long while now.
        They lost one or two players last summer, but replaced like for like.

Comment

If we're lucky, could generate some spending money by selling sandro and leroy (if we're very lucky).

Comment

I think they said the magic number is 22 players in the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              I think they said the magic number is 22 players in the squad.
              is that taking into account youth players? Most prem squads operate with 25 men in their squad. With our injury history, I can imagine it being closer to the 25 man mark than 22
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                I dont really get what the complaint is.

We finished mid table with the current squad. nothing to suggest the current crop of players or anything but a mid table team. we all want more and to get play offs / Automatic, so changes need to be made.

Who out of those we let go are you really upset about? I get the emotional attachment to Faurlin and Hill, but after the intital reaction, i think everyone has listened to the reasoning behind JFH decision and agrees.

Complaining for the sake of it really.

but wasnt most of our points gained earlier on,not too sure bout stats but all those draws starting in a new season going on the same form arent exactly impressive,whos to say we`ll improve on that even!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  is that taking into account youth players? Most prem squads operate with 25 men in their squad. With our injury history, I can imagine it being closer to the 25 man mark than 22
                  I don't know but I'd assume not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    but wasnt most of our points gained earlier on,not too sure bout stats but all those draws starting in a new season going on the same form arent exactly impressive,whos to say we`ll improve on that even!
                    29 points gained in the first half of the season, 31 gained in the second half... Only 4 teams lost less than us in the second half of the season and they're the top 3 teams and the 6th placed team. Compare that to 10 teams in the first half and if we're looking at before JFH came in, 13 teams lost fewer games than us in the CR + NW part of the season.
                    Last edited by nasser95; 10-05-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      dont really get the point you are making?

seems you agree that changes need to be made?

Nas stats prove your point wrong anyway

Comment

Why are people believing these stupid rumours about Lansbury and mancienne etc when the club has got no money like the thread title says.

Comment

23 players on £20,000 a week or less (£3-4.5m a year) is well within budget as we take £5m alone on gate receipts?

Comment

We dont need 14 new signings or 9. Most players that left werent playing and we have Petrasso, Furlong, Kpekawa, Comley, Grego Cox, Prohouly, Lumley, Shodipo all who should be knocking on the first team. door next year. Sure as hell should be bringibg thru players first. We need a cb rb cm am and a striker.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              We dont need 14 new signings or 9. Most players that left werent playing and we have Petrasso, Furlong, Kpekawa, Comley, Grego Cox, Prohouly, Lumley, Shodipo all who should be knocking on the first team. door next year. Sure as hell should be bringibg thru players first. We need a cb rb cm am and a striker.
                              If we stick with them players fella we will go down. There's no way we should integrate them all in at once it would be suicide.

We will lose Phillips and hoilett plus we have lost Faurlin who are all first team players. Our squad will be massively trimmed by the time Sandro and fer go as well.

It's a massive rebuilding project again. We just about scrapped 12th with the players mentioned. You put players not even to their standard in the team and we are down.

I'm all for bringing youth through but not for the sake of it and I also want to see QPR compete. Kepewka, petrasso and doughty should all be on the fringes but not main stays next year.
                              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 11-05-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                                23 players on £20,000 a week or less (£3-4.5m a year) is well within budget as we take £5m alone on gate receipts?
                                Think your maths have gone a bit haywire, using your example wage bill would be nearer £24-25 million.

Slightly more than gate receipts.

Comment

Working...
                                X