No announcement yet.

Smithies v Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingram for me stays on his line too much. Though he was wobbly when coming for crosses. But that can be fixed.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Based on what I've seen so far - Smithies. Been MOTM 5 times, saved 3 penalties (correct me if I am wrong) and has pulled out a number of unbelievable saves.

Great situation though - 2 quality keepers chomping at the bit to play for us.

Comment

I can't vote on this as I've never seen Ingram play live, but if people are saying he's better than Smithies, then.... wow. Really? Smithies is the best keeper I've seen at LR for a long, long time. Totally instills confidence, superb shot stopper, amazing at penalty saves (maybe the best in England?) and yet Ingram is better?? I mean really, wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          I can't vote on this as I've never seen Ingram play live, but if people are saying he's better than Smithies, then.... wow. Really?
          Sounds crazy I know, but yes, really. IMO of course (and I realise I'm out on a limb here). It's a bizarre situation for us to be in having probably the two best keepers in the Championship.

Comment

Have to say its Smithies for me. Those penalty saves, but also his general command of the position. Right now sitting here thinking, I honestly cannot think of any mistakes he's made.

Ingram is very close and on either of their days, both can be "the best keeper at QPR". But he's definitely made a few "greeno" goal kicks recently and a few other bits and bobs here and there.

One of the QPR fans on Twitter I follow was in the Corporate seats for the last game against Bristol, and had his picture taken with Smithies at Loftus Road. Smithies with a big beaming smile and QPR blazer on.
            Not sure where this speculation of him and his family wanting to move back to Huddersfield is coming from. But honestly if I were Les and Jimmy, I would do anything to try to keep Alex here. and not let "a McCarthy" happen.
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I'd stick with Smithies, loved watching Ingram play but seeing him at corners, he needs to work on really connecting with those punches. He'll be a top top keeper one day and he can definitely be loaned out to another Champ club next season with a more seasoned veteran coming in now to give cover (in the way Brian Murphy, Radek Cerny did) for Smithies alongside Lumley. Have a good season with Smithies and if the right deal comes through for either of them, we'll still have a great keeper at the club.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Our people forgetting how good Smithies is? He's much better at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by OneJamieMackie View Post
                  Our people forgetting how good Smithies is? He's much better at the moment
                  Everybody on this thread is saying how good Smithies is mate. Just a few saying Ingram may be just as good, if not better. It's opinions, no right on wrong answer.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

it's nice to have 2 good keepers , only time will tell who is the guvner

Comment

Very interesting comparing votes to the comments. Voters clearly have Smithies as the better keeper but the comments seem to back Ingram

Tells me the voters are lazy so and so and don't comment

For me Smithies is possibly best keeper I have seen in the Bush since Seaman and one of the best signings of TF era

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        For me Smithies is possibly best keeper I have seen in the Bush since Seaman and one of the best signings of TF era
                        exactly. if said rumours are true about his desire to move back up north, we need to do everything in our power to make sure he says.
                        Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                          exactly. if said rumours are true about his desire to move back up north, we need to do everything in our power to make sure he says.

I think people are clutching at straws because he's not been playing. Can't see us letting him go

Comment

I think people are clutching at straws because he's not been playing. Can't see us letting him go
                            Let me guess the sequence of rumors on twitter:

1. Smithies family want to go back to Yorkshire
                            2. Rotherham sign up Neil Warnock
                            3. Smithies is joining Hill and Faurlin at Rotherham
                            4. Neil Warnock is going to win the Championship

Comment

Agreed fully, as I already posted in POST #20.

There are no signs I can see that the bloke wants to leave.
                              Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Someone mentioned he has a minor injury and possibly had an op recently. Not sure how true that is though

Comment

Working...
                                X