Smithies v Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithies v Ingram

We have had chance to see them both in recent games and for me Smithies is undisputed number 1

Ingram is defo decent keeper and shot stopper but Smithies is all round better keeper as he in my opinion has and does everything a keeper should be able to do.

Ingram had a little bit of the Rob Greens kicking the ball straight out from goal kicks last few games

So for me Smithies still owns the gloves but we're blessed to have two good keepers

Any views as this could be a super battle to watch between the two going forwards ??
    Smithies
    89.47%
    Ingram
    10.53%

Mate I really like Ingram, think he has looked class in his time between the sticks. Smithies is still no1 of course, he has earned that with some great games for us since January, but I recall Smithies requiring a few games to get comfortable, whereas Ingram looks the nuts, very assured young man.

Funny how we all see things differently though, I have Smithies down as the better shot stopper with Ingram the better all rounder (seems to command his box better than Smithies IMO).

Ingram is a very good no2 to have waiting in the wings. As you say, west, blessed with 2 good young keepers which is a nice situation to be in.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Ingram needs games so if he's not going play loan out to championship club for game time with call back clause

Comment

Smithies, although I think Ingram is more then good enough at this level, maybe a loan would be good for Ingram
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Personally I rate Ingram above Smithies. Best all round keeper and disagree with you about his distribution Wests. Smithies is excellent but I just think Ingram is even better. I've not seen a more natural looking goalkeeper in a long time. Perfect hight, build, temperament and so calm and assured. Tbh I can see him playing for England in the future. So we are in an incredibly fortunate position to have these two at the club. There's also the rumours of Smithies being homesick, which may explain his absence the last few games.

Posted this a couple of weeks ago: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...?192797-Ingram

Comment

Got to say Ingram looks the real deal to me. Smithies decent though it's close between them

Comment

2 very good keepers, do think ingrams had the shirt last few games as smithies might feel another green scenario . Love to keep both on a you play I play . Smithies does away and Ingram does the homes .
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                Got to say Ingram looks the real deal to me. Smithies decent though it's close between them
                Them penalty saves though.

Comment

Poll added out of curiosity.

Comment

I've gone with Ingram. Purely based on the fact I think he's got a better frame, and looks just as good, if not better than Smithies. Saying that, Smithies has been fantastic and is a worthy number 1.

Problem is, how do you keep two brilliant keepers happy?

Comment

Ingram- sweeper keeper

Comment

Read rumours Smithies will be leaving as family want to go back north. May explain why he hasn't even been on the bench when Ingram has been playing. 2 top keepers BTW, probably 2 of the best in the division.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Personally I rate Ingram above Smithies. Best all round keeper and disagree with you about his distribution Wests. Smithies is excellent but I just think Ingram is even better. I've not seen a more natural looking goalkeeper in a long time. Perfect hight, build, temperament and so calm and assured. Tbh I can see him playing for England in the future. So we are in an incredibly fortunate position to have these two at the club. There's also the rumours of Smithies being homesick, which may explain his absence the last few games.

Posted this a couple of weeks ago: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...?192797-Ingram
                          Sorry Stan, should read before I post.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Both very good goalkeepers but of smithies is happy at QPR then he's the first choice goalkeeper for me every day of the week.

We had some fans arguing he was poty for his second half of the season displays. Unbelievable keeper. I hope he stays as he could be pivotal to any challenge.

Comment

I haven't voted because I think both are good goalkeepers and should stay at the club.

Comment

Working...
                              X