Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style of play and today's decisions

I can see the logic behind today's decisions

Look at the successful clubs this season in the championship and lesser extent premier league and they all play high tempo, high energy dynamic in your face footie. Top three sides in our division make the pitch small by playing high line and harrass you all over the pitch win the ball back and attack you with pace. Similar way that Leicester and Spurs have gone about it this season

When Jimmy came we saw a change in tempo of our play with higher tempo adopted.

You can't play a high line with Hill and like it or not Faurlin is no longer able to be that high octane dynamic midfielder who will cover every blade of grass going from box box

Take the sentiment our of the decisions and to me their is a bit of thought behind the decisions which based on recent years is refreshing.

bingo

Comment

Please don't come on here trying to talk some sense. It's not allowed

Comment

Good analysis.

Comment

Look, all the reasons cited for Ale and Clint leaving are perfectly understandable and reasonable, but some of us feel a bit emotional about it, that's all!

Comment

Higher tempo ? I've been bored as f uck the last few games. Jimmys made us hard to beat bar Brighton but we've got absolutely nothing going forward, if anything it's very low tempo .
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
              Higher tempo ? I've been bored as f uck the last few games. Jimmys made us hard to beat bar Brighton but we've got absolutely nothing going forward, if anything it's very low tempo .
              Oh so true. So true. If I had bells I'd put them on that post.

Comment

You make the point perfectly as players such as Hill and Faurlin prevent you playing that way hence their exit.

Entertaining footie in my opinion is usually quick, direct and attacking Chery aside I don't think we have any players that can get forward quickly especially from centre of park. Phillips is not as quick as some think neither is Hoillett. The current squad is deficient and lacking in so many areas for the way I believe we want to play and today is the start of shipping players out that don't fit the bill and hopefully getting in players that do

Comment

Isn't tozer rapid
                  R's

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    You make the point perfectly as players such as Hill and Faurlin prevent you playing that way hence their exit.

Entertaining footie in my opinion is usually quick, direct and attacking Chery aside I don't think we have any players that can get forward quickly especially from centre of park. Phillips is not as quick as some think neither is Hoillett. The current squad is deficient and lacking in so many areas for the way I believe we want to play and today is the start of shipping players out that don't fit the bill and hopefully getting in players that do
                    Hills a solid centre half but getting on and ale would be the perfect midfielder bar the injuries! If we could buy the equivalent of those 2 again at 20 years of age I'm all for it wests! The balls in jimmys book in my head .
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Agree. P!ss poor, boring, unexciting football. Thank fk the seasons over Zzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Agree. P!ss poor, boring, unexciting football. Thank fk the seasons over Zzzzzz
                        It wasn't that good!

Comment

I understand the reasoning but am concerned that we won't find replacements with the amount of funds available.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I can see the logic behind today's decisions

Look at the successful clubs this season in the championship and lesser extent premier league and they all play high tempo, high energy dynamic in your face footie. Top three sides in our division make the pitch small by playing high line and harrass you all over the pitch win the ball back and attack you with pace. Similar way that Leicester and Spurs have gone about it this season

When Jimmy came we saw a change in tempo of our play with higher tempo adopted.

You can't play a high line with Hill and like it or not Faurlin is no longer able to be that high octane dynamic midfielder who will cover every blade of grass going from box box

Take the sentiment our of the decisions and to me their is a bit of thought behind the decisions which based on recent years is refreshing.
                            some good points wests , but if you play that way u must push on as a team so the defender has no time to think of a pass and usually humps it upfield , barca have had loads of success over the years for the work they do off the ball as well as the work they do on it . this rangers team just doesn't have that work ethic or the legs to play that way

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              some good points wests , but if you play that way u must push on as a team so the defender has no time to think of a pass and usually humps it upfield , barca have had loads of success over the years for the work they do off the ball as well as the work they do on it . this rangers team just doesn't have that work ethic or the legs to play that way
                              Nailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X