Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Austin

Anybody got any idea of how many minutes he has played since joining Southampton?
    On the bench again at the weekend.
    Should have stayed with us and got a game or two.

I came up with the dream that we'd resign him on loan this season, but as was said to me, he's been injured and in that time, Long has been crazy in form and tough to displace. He'll get game time next year and probably start banging them in.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Been injured for most of his time at Southampton. I am sure he would rather have scored the winner at OT rather than been injured and on our bench or maybe the odd game at Preston. I am sure his bank manager would agree he is better at Southampton than with us.

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
        Anybody got any idea of how many minutes he has played since joining Southampton?
        On the bench again at the weekend.
        Should have stayed with us and got a game or two.

Comment

Matey I work with is a Soton ST holder, reckons Pelle is being shipped out in the summer and Austin will be their main man next season.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Matey I work with is a Soton ST holder, reckons Pelle is being shipped out in the summer and Austin will be their main man next season.
            Yeah, that's probably been the plan all along. Although Shane Long will also have a say in that.
            Costly six month loan deal for them at £4m when you think about it.

Comment

He's hardly played due to injury and now on the bench as long is in fantastic form.

He'll get his chance and he'll bang the goals in. I think Southampton wanted to get him in when they did even knowing his injury as even at 4 mill it was a snip.

Comment

They stumped up the £4 mill to give them exclusivity as no one else was willing to match it.

Comment

They'll get £170m + just for being in the PL next season....£4m on Austin is hardly a gamble.

Comment

fourth choice striker

behind Long , pelle, rodriguez.

20 plus goals a season for QPR or bench warming..can't help thinking Charlies career is going in the opposite direction than he had hoped

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      fourth choice striker

behind Long , pelle, rodriguez.

20 plus goals a season for QPR or bench warming..can't help thinking Charlies career is going in the opposite direction than he had hoped
                      He will get a chance, Pelle is not at his best and Rodriguez is gonna have a tough time getting back into the first team. Austin has only been on the bench for a few games, he has mainly been injured since he arrived.One game he was injured that day efore the match, another he got injured in training on the thursday. He has just kept getting niggles all season just like with us.

Comment

Will be there top man next season. That was always the plan.

Comment

There must be a reason behind all these injuries. Also I notice a lot of his tweets are about the academy he is setting up or other matters. He doesn't often mention premiership football. I wonder if his heart is really in it and he is looking at doing other things.

Comment

if they cant use him we'll have him on loan PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              There must be a reason behind all these injuries. Also I notice a lot of his tweets are about the academy he is setting up or other matters. He doesn't often mention premiership football. I wonder if his heart is really in it and he is looking at doing other things.
                              Agreed. He needs a training/fitness regime purely designed for him.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X