No announcement yet.

2016/2017 Playing Squad - As It Stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with the changes there Maids, but I'd for sure put Luongo in the starting 11. The kid is a star in the making, his movement on the ball is phenomenal and he glides past players like they're not there. With the right midfield partner (was hoping it would be Ale but oh well), he's got all the potential to be a star in this league.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
      I think if we get 7 million for Smithies I would let him go. Ingram is fantastic and whilst yet to see him against a penalty. I feel this is a position we could afford to sell in to raise more funds.
      I'd say there are a few players in the squad who are real 50/50's over the summer, with smithies being one of them. Add CW who I think can do well here but if we get a good deal for him in the summer will probably move, I think Ned as well (despite him playing every minute this season) may be one of those where if we get 3.5-4 mil, we'll probably sell, obviously the 3 big name loans will be directly flogged with the hope of selling. Could get a good chunk of money to use wisely.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Last summer we replaced Dunne, Barton, McCarthy and Zamora with Hall, Luongo, Smithies and Polter.

I've got faith in the club to bring in what's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Agree with the changes there Maids, but I'd for sure put Luongo in the starting 11. The kid is a star in the making, his movement on the ball is phenomenal and he glides past players like they're not there. With the right midfield partner (was hoping it would be Ale but oh well), he's got all the potential to be a star in this league.
          I like him a lot nas. What position would you put him in if we stick to a 4 2 3 1. I see his qualities when it comes to passing and awareness but in a dm position could he be relied on to do the dirty work? Or does he get moved up to one of the flanks as I imagine if cherry is fit he will be our number 10!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            I like him a lot nas. What position would you put him in if we stick to a 4 2 3 1. I see his qualities when it comes to passing and awareness but in a dm position could he be relied on to do the dirty work? Or does he get moved up to one of the flanks as I imagine if cherry is fit he will be our number 10!
            I think he can do the dirty work as a dm. We've needed a box to box player and I see him being the perfect fit. I remember when JFH was gradually introducing him again to the team, he mentioned something about how they had worries about his ability to do the dirty stuff in cm and he impressed them in those games. The stats all support it as well, makes plenty of tackles and interceptions while also dribbling a lot. Only issue I see with him is his finishing ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              -----------Ingram/Smithies-------------
              Perch - Caulker/Ned/Hall -----Robinson
              ---------Luongo --- New CM------------
              Petrasso ------Chery ---------- New LW
              -----------Polter/Washington------------

Not the worst of base to work from.

Not all will agree with me on Petrasso, but reckon he should be given a chance as first teamer for the start of the new season
              Here here on Petrasso, from what I've seen of him and his glowing reviews from Canada, and I hate to be "that guy" but he is ready for our first team imo. Very good player who is experienced beyond his years despite being what ... 20 years old??

I think if we manage to sell Fer, Sandro, Caulker and Phillips (maybe even Ned??) quickly we'll be in for a good shout at promotion. For them 4-5 players I could see us getting around 15 million and there's a tonne of players we could bring into the side with that warchest!

Comment

As per useal for the last 6 or 7 seasons, we need strikers !
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Can't see us finishing higher than mid table with the players we have ATM
                  R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                    Can't see us finishing higher than mid table with the players we have ATM
                    That's what a summer transfer window is for...

Comment

And that's with a summer transfer window
                      R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                        And that's with a summer transfer window
                        Do you know who were signing then? #### me that's impressive

Comment

Here's a question for you all - who do you think the club will look to move on this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                            Here's a question for you all - who do you think the club will look to move on this summer?
                            I reckon offers will be considered for everyone except Ingram, Hall, Robinson, Luongo, Chery and Polter. Whether we actively aim to move players on, I don't think anyone other than maybe Phillips will fill that quota, but everyone else is available at the right price.

Comment

Looks like all players in the OP will be reporting for training this monday.
                              Surprised no ins or outs.

Comment

----------Smithies-----------
                                Onuoha-Hall---Lynch-Robbo
                                -----Borysuik--Luongo------
                                Petrasso---Chery-----Mackie
                                -----------Polter-------------

Comment

Working...
                                X