Clear All

Not too bad:
    Smithies/Ingram
    New RB new CB Hall Robinson
    Phillips Luongo New MF Hoilett
    Chery
    Polter

Comment

Cheers mate hadn't seen that. Hope he stays around but at the same time wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Not too bad:
        Smithies/Ingram
        New RB new CB Hall Robinson
        Phillips Luongo New MF Hoilett
        Chery
        Polter
        C'mon doc, lets get real, Hoilett wont be here.
        And i'm not sure I could take another season of Phillips swanning around.

Comment

Just had a look at that blokes Twitter feed. Half an hour ago he was tweeting that smithies has had some minor knee surgery done recently hence the absence from the squad. Sounds like he'd fit well into the itk league on here

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            C'mon doc, lets get real, Hoilett wont be here.
            And i'm not sure I could take another season of Phillips swanning around.
            Probably you're right. Need a new RW and LW then, even if you would give Petrasso a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              Just had a look at that blokes Twitter feed. Half an hour ago he was tweeting that smithies has had some minor knee surgery done recently hence the absence from the squad. Sounds like he'd fit well into the itk league on here
              He's a local journo and tbf that was a follow up tweet to the one I linked on here

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                Probably you're right. Need a new RW and LW then, even if you would give Petrasso a chance.
                For sure. Mackie is capable as a squad member, but not convinced by the El Khayat.

Comment

For sure. Mackie is capable as a squad member, but not convinced by the El Khayat.
                  El Khayati was pony Saturday.

I get the impression he will be the sort to look fantastic 1 week when his skills etc come off, but then may go missing for a few games. He certainly doesn't strike me as the sort to muck in and really work his nuts off.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    El Khayati was pony Saturday.

I get the impression he will be the sort to look fantastic 1 week when his skills etc come off, but then may go missing for a few games. He certainly doesn't strike me as the sort to muck in and really work his nuts off.
                    Yep. Cheap signing, so not a lot of risk attached to it, but JFH will have to do a lot better this summer.

Comment

-----------Ingram/Smithies-------------
                      Perch - Caulker/Ned/Hall -----Robinson
                      ---------Luongo --- New CM------------
                      Petrasso ------Chery ---------- New LW
                      -----------Polter/Washington------------

Not the worst of base to work from.

Not all will agree with me on Petrasso, but reckon he should be given a chance as first teamer for the start of the new season
                      It's not to bad mate - id be more inclined to the below

Smithies

New rb new CB hall Robinson

New dm new dm

New lw cherry new rw

New striker

Squad players who could step in

Luongo
                      Henry
                      Petrasso
                      Perch
                      Ned
                      Kepewka
                      Ingram

I would start caulker alongside hall everyday of the week in the championship if he did stay btw and I can also see Ned playing rb next season. I like luongo a lot but think another season of being a fringe player and rotated in and of the team will do him well.
                      We are going to need 3 cm/dms and at least 2 wingers of both hoilett and Phillips go which I thing they will. Up top the club have a hard choice because Polter is a trier and definitely worth having in the squad but I still have my reservations whether he could lead us to promotion and washington the jury's still out atm.

Also wouldn't mind seeing us go 4 4 2 but would that mean cherry out the team as when played wide he hasn't been as effective!?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        It's not to bad mate - id be more inclined to the below

Smithies

New rb new CB hall Robinson

New dm new dm

New lw cherry new rw

New striker

It's not too bad... Just need 7 new starters. Defo glass half full

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post

It's not too bad... Just need 7 new starters. Defo glass half full
                          Haha I know mate. Was trying to be positive but honestly if we are going to go up we need to bring some quality. With the squad we have at our disposal now we'd struggle to dings 12rh again.

Like I said you could easily put caulker as CB and Ned rb and you'd have a pretty sold back line. Now faurlin a gone we need atleast two cms and probably another 1 for backup. Add to the fact that hoilett prob won't stay and Phillips wants out then we will have no choice to go and get two wingers unless we want mackie and el kayati as starters!

Comment

So much work to do this summer. I'm honestly looking forward to it

Comment

A lot rests on Sandro/Caulker/Fer. Not sure if any would be keen on the championship, but if we had Sandro and Caulker then I might fancy a punt on promotion! If all go, then the quality that Les and Jimmy brings in will be the key test for how we do next year.

Comment

I think if we get 7 million for Smithies I would let him go. Ingram is fantastic and whilst yet to see him against a penalty. I feel this is a position we could afford to sell in to raise more funds.

Comment

Working...
                                X