Statement from QPR on all 7 players being released, including Faurlin & Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    toszer is in contract.......Faurlin wasnt........ not sure how you can compare the situations with both.
    Didn't realise, simple as that.

Comment

It was important to make this decision quickly to clean the table and while it will upset 77 and others this showed some leadership regarding Hill and Faurlin which I have to appreciate.

Comment

barring clint and Ale, good to see the back of the others who have been released.

Complete guess, but i imagine somewhere around £100k a week on wages saved right there and from people who dont really need replacing, they were offering us absolutely nothing.

am a bit suprised with Henry being kept on, but as the article explains further on the Faurlin situation, i dont think you can link the two as no doubt Henry will be OK with being a bit part player.

Not sure what to make of Hoilett yet, cant imagine he is going to sign on what is bound to be a massively reduced wage.

Good work really from JFH and the board. Cant disagree with much of what he says in the article or about who has been let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Didn't realise, simple as that.
          fair enough. And for the record....i dont ever want to see Toszer in a QPR shirt again, so we certainly agree on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Set up the winning goal on Saturday and could have set up another if Hall had put more behind the shot.

Got to give this kid some game time IMO.
            have to agree with Ginge on this one. Just does not look like he will ever cut it at this level. Perhaps a decent pre-season with abit of JFH love can turn it round, but i will be surprised if he is anywhere near the starting 11 come next season.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

Comment

Set up the winning goal on Saturday and could have set up another if Hall had put more behind the shot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proven wrong. But come on mate, it was hardly a difficult pass to Henry for his goal. And for Hall's chance he got into that position by tripping over the ball, have a look back at it. He was lucky. I've seen sweet FA this season from him to tell me he's any good at this level at all. Shane really, I was quite hopeful for him.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I'm sure he has only played 8-9 times for us. Deserves another crack next season.
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

have to agree with Ginge on this one. Just does not look like he will ever cut it at this level. Perhaps a decent pre-season with abit of JFH love can turn it round, but i will be surprised if he is anywhere near the starting 11 come next season.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

Agree that Gladwin needs to step up a level - as does El Khyati and Washington. Reckon a good pre-season and a fresh start next season will help.

Tozer though....bomb him out right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proven wrong. But come on mate, it was hardly a difficult pass to Henry for his goal. And for Hall's chance he got into that position by tripping over the ball, have a look back at it. He was lucky. I've seen sweet FA this season from him to tell me he's any good at this level at all. Shane really, I was quite hopeful for him.
                    Tbf he's only started a handful of games for us in a pretty turbulent season (in terms of managers) so IMO hasn't been given much of a chance.

Comment

barring clint and Ale, good to see the back of the others who have been released.

Complete guess, but i imagine somewhere around £100k a week on wages saved right there and from people who dont really need replacing, they were offering us absolutely nothing.

am a bit suprised with Henry being kept on, but as the article explains further on the Faurlin situation, i dont think you can link the two as no doubt Henry will be OK with being a bit part player.

Not sure what to make of Hoilett yet, cant imagine he is going to sign on what is bound to be a massively reduced wage.

Good work really from JFH and the board. Cant disagree with much of what he says in the article or about who has been let go.
                      i'd guess it's a fair bit more... maybe £150k a week being freed up.

i think the worry is that this summer is looking like a major overhaul of the squad all of a sudden - i doubt hoilett will take the terms being offered (not sure henry will either - he had the look of a man saying goodbye during the walkaround after saturday's game). i'm fairly sure the club would bite the hands off of anyone who makes a serious offer for fer or sandro (caulker too, but offers are less likely) and probably philips as well. on top of that, rumours are going around that smithies might want to head back north. plus, as usual, we need someone who can score goals consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Easy pass to Henry?....its called vision

Tripped over the ball?.....its called deception

Comment

Gutted to see them both go, but trying to take a positive from it I suppose it shows JFH isn't afraid to make the tough calls.

As mentioned in the Ale thread, I still think he is our most creative player in CM, but IF JFH is planning on bringing some good new CMs into the club, then fair play. As for Clint, very disappointed we've not kept him on but he is never going to be a regular starter and if Clint himself feels he has enough to offer another season at a lower level as a consistent starter then good on him. Hopefully we will se him back at Loftus Road in the future as a coach.

JFH has made some ballsy moves so he needs to make sure he recruits well this summer to replace them.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Gutted about hill. Faurlin going but keeping henry. Deary me. No 1 left at qpr now who gives a sh.it . Bad mistake

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                              Gutted about hill. Faurlin going but keeping henry. Deary me. No 1 left at qpr now who gives a sh.it . Bad mistake
                              Come on mate, it's not like we're not gonna sign anybody. Let's see what the club do in the summer.
                              Gutted about Hill too though.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As said before I am gutted about Faurlin and was angry at the club in the beginning but after seeing what jfh said in his statement about Ali then I can't really argue.

A lot of us said he was a squad player and jfh has said that's wxactly how he saw him as well. Ali clearly wants more game time and after missing 2 years out you can't blame him. I also think this will explain why Henry is being offered a new deal. I imagine we didn't want to lose both of them but whine Ali made it clear he wants to be a regular that kind of made the decision for the club.

The only worry is it looks like another overhaul and we not only need to bring in 6 or 7 decent first 11 players but maybe 4-6 squad players.

Never quiet at QPR is it.

I reckon Faurlin will end up with Warnock and playing first team football there which you can't argue with.feel better now jfh explained it.

On a side note I hope hoilett is a greedy lil got and out prices himself for a new contract from us. This will be traore part 2 and I can't believe the club are being so naive in even trying to tie him down to a new deal.
                                Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 09-05-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X