Clint Hill to leave after QPR elect not to renew his contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Hill to leave after QPR elect not to renew his contract

GetWestLondon understands: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...mmer-11305157?

...and now official: http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...n-3105031.aspx
    Yes
    40.54%
    No
    59.46%

The poll is expired.

You have to wonder if Hill and Faulin are seen as a threat to the management system , to me it looks like a kick up the slabs to these 2 as they are only 2 at the club you could call Rangers men unbelievable to me how they can't be retained as players to work and play with the youth , there would be no better role models than these chaps
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 09-05-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      You have to wonder if Hill and Failing are seen as a threat to the management system , to me it looks like a kick up the slabs to these 2 as they are only 2 at the club you could call Rangers men unbelievable to me how they can't be retained as players to work and play with the youth , there would be no better role models that these chaps
      Pair of farking cants jimmy and les.

Sorry mods but this is just so wrong.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

What's wrong with allowing Ale and Clint to leave - IMO - is that it provides no continuity. Apart from the fact that I think Ale is still perfectly capable of filling the midfield metronome role and Clint should be retained as defensive cover as well as for his inspirational attitude.

It looks like JFH and the board are going for a complete clear-out - Karl Henry apart of course.

Well, we can only watch and wait to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Pair of farking cants jimmy and les.

Sorry mods but this is just so wrong.
          Any excuse eh?
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            What's wrong with allowing Ale and Clint to leave - IMO - is that it provides no continuity. Apart from the fact that I think Ale is still perfectly capable of filling the midfield metronome role and Clint should be retained as defensive cover as well as for his inspirational attitude.

It looks like JFH and the board are going for a complete clear-out - Karl Henry apart of course.

Well, we can only watch and wait to see what happens.
            Exactly this, it's a big loss for the identity of the club as well as in terms of talent. But at the same time, if they are getting rid of these guys, they must surely have someone they're going to replace them with. It's just the emotional link we have to Ale and Clint is gonna take a long time to overcome. Good luck to the pair of them, hope to see them back here one day.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

two absolute legends, Bon Voyage Clint and Ale
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

can see people going into meltdown about this.

Was surprised to see he only played 13 times this season and perhaps on that basis alone, it doesn't really warrant another contract.

Although Clint and Ale are obviously fans favorite, i quite like this new cut throat approach we have and not hanging around. Season ended Saturday and on the monday we are looking at next year.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  You have to wonder if Hill and Failing are seen as a threat to the management system , to me it looks like a kick up the slabs to these 2 as they are only 2 at the club you could call Rangers men unbelievable to me how they can't be retained as players to work and play with the youth , there would be no better role models that these chaps
                  Bit of the AVB in at Chelsea vibe about it

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Any excuse eh?
                    No, the man has been through thick and thin for this club. Sacrificed himself in the playoff final,
                    The only leader we have left at this club.

I guess mrs henry is preforming a few last min tricks for a contract.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                      can see people going into meltdown about this.

Was surprised to see he only played 13 times this season and perhaps on that basis alone, it doesn't really warrant another contract.

Although Clint and Ale are obviously fans favorite, i quite like this new cut throat approach we have and not hanging around. Season ended Saturday and on the monday we are looking at next year.
                      Exactly. But on this forum it's normal for people to use anything and everything to moan and b!tch about the manager/board/club. Even the Hoilett thread was hijacked, instead of it being a celebratory one. Sure, it's sad Clint and Ale are going, they've been brilliant servants for us and will go down in Rangers folklore. But it's time for them to go.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        Exactly. But on this forum it's normal for people to use anything and everything to moan and b!tch about the manager/board/club. Even the Hoilett thread was hijacked, instead of it being a celebratory one. Sure, it's sad Clint and Ale are going, they've been brilliant servants for us and will go down in Rangers folklore. But it's time for them to go.
                        Ginge The DOF does seem to put himself up to be #####ed about

Comment

In my eyes absolute QPR legend. Not many players who on their first start for months following injury, can make it into the 'Football league team of the week' (or whatever it's called!)

Comment

Obviously we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but I'm a bit surprised both weren't offered 1 year deals.

Forget their age they can still do a job as they have proved this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              Forget their age they can still do a job as they have proved this season.
                              Where we finished mid-table. If we want to push on, we need to strengthen not rely on a CM who can't press for 90 minutes and a 37 year old CB.

Comment

Working...
                              X