Faurlin Departs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    If henry has been given a new contract after this lad has been bombed out, i will be furious.
    Even more furious when its revealed Faurlins been sacrificed so that we can afford to keep Fer here next season

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      Even more furious when its revealed Faurlins been sacrificed so that we can afford to keep Fer here next season
      or Sandro

Comment

I am not sure we can afford to keep him regardless with FFP.

Anyway besides the point, I am gutted and I also think he would be a good squad asset for us next year... but I can understand and see why he's been let go, personally.

Comment

C'mon now Norths. Let's not speculate.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Reading between the lines I'd say the club pulled the plug on this one. He may not be the player he was, but he can actually pass a ball and since no one else shows much ability on that front it might have been better value to keep him as a squad player.

I really hope the boy at full back who had that horrendous knee injury hasn't been left at 50%. So many never come back the same after knees.

Comment

best of luck Ale, hope his replacement is half decent, otherwise this decision does not make sense
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

not the player he once was, but in our current squad (not including Fer/Sandor as dont think they will be here next season) he is arguably the best midfielder. Dont think he has been great, but are we realistically going to sign 3-4 center mids for next year.

Personally would have kept him as a back-up to the first team. that is based on purely footballing reasons aswell.

Would think this is going to signal the end for most, if not all, of those out of contract as cant see how any of them deserve a contract over Ale.

Thanks Ale, in some sh!t times you have been one of a very few who can hold their head up high.

Would be a bit gutted if he went and signed for another championship team.

Comment

Absolutely fuming about this. Disgraceful decision and jfh will need to show very quickly he knows what he is doing over the summer.

This decisions stinks of naivety and to make a point just for the sake of it. Faurlin has made 30 plus appearances this season and easily our best cm and more than good enough at this level even if he's not the same player from 4 years ago. He's also a fans favourite and embodies the QPR spirit.

To lose both Faurlin and hill is awful and doesn't show much thought from the club. Fans are sentimental and they like to have some players they feel they can relate to. However more importantly he's good enough to be part of our squad.

Faurlin will roll up at another championship club and just like host I bet he helps them push on.
                  Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 09-05-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

This is bloody outrageous! Ale's been one of our top midfielders this season, if not the best! Even his on-the-pitch talent aside (of which he still has plenty), his value in the dressing room and to younger players is priceless. You only have to listen to Lee Cook & Kevin Gallen's interview on the Live QPR Podcast to be reminded once again how crucial chemistry and togetherness in the dressing room is. And Alejandro Faurlin bleeds blue and white!

I reckon I'll be popping down to his coffee shop in Chiswick to say goodbye and to thank him for the memories well soon.

Ale, you will always be remembered fondly at Loftus Road, and best of luck on a new contract that you deserve elsewhere! I truly truly hope you get a fellow championship club next season and play an absolute blinding season, to prove all these cants wrong who are saying that its a good thing you are gone!!
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I genuinely feel like my heart has been ripped out
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Dave Mac: "Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has indicated that out-of-contract trio Alejandro Faurlin, Clint Hill and Karl Henry are not part of his plans."
                        : http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/j...t-qpr-contract

'Indicated' being the operative word, so by no means confirmed.
                        I think all 3 could and maybe should have been retained as squad players. Not first team regulars but fill in when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                          I genuinely feel like my heart has been ripped out
                          Jesus, thats a bit of an ever-reaction isnt it. get a grip man

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            I think all 3 could and maybe should have been retained as squad players. Not first team regulars but fill in when needed.
                            That article is ridiculous and contradicts itself.. Says hasselbaink indicated faurlin not needed with absolutely no back up whatsoever then further on says the Rangers hierarchy are keen to keep faurlin. Of course today he's been released

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

This 100% and then built this new young squad around them. A clever manager like Warnock would of done this but jfh trying to make a point and I think he's going to fall flat on his face next season.
                              Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 09-05-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

This 100% and then built this new young staid around them. A clever manager like Warnock would of done this but jfh trying to make a point and I think he's going to fall flat on his face next season.
                                I'm all for signing young hungry players but you need a balance with likes of Hill and Faurlin. Hill has been excellent at centre half this season and we will need to replace him well. Bread and butter players are needed to get out of this league and we've lost 2 of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X