Faurlin Departs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Sorry but I'm not convinced by JFH's claim that Ale insisted that he should start every week. He doesn't seem that sort of player. Of course, he would want to start every game but that is not the same as insisting on starting every game. This past season he often came on as a sub and I don't remember him ever complaining about it. It seems to me he always wanted to do what was best for the team but maybe I've vastly misjudged him.
    In Faulin's own words from the first link in this thread!!!!!

"Im really happy and please to have been fit and available for selection all season. Playing 30 games it's a massive bust and motivation for me!! I want more...Im healthy and I wanna play football more than ever!!"

Ale wants to play reguarly but JFH saw him more as a squad player...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
      Ale wants to play reguarly but JFH saw him more as a squad player...
      I'd have to agree with JFH. Time for Luongo to play 46 games in the middle of the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        I'd have to agree with JFH. Time for Luongo to play 46 games in the middle of the park.
        To be honest, I'd rather they both played together there if it had been possible. Think it could have worked because both make loads of tackles while being good on the ball.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Stupid to let Ale go

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Sorry but I'm not convinced by JFH's claim that Ale insisted that he should start every week. He doesn't seem that sort of player. Of course, he would want to start every game but that is not the same as insisting on starting every game. This past season he often came on as a sub and I don't remember him ever complaining about it. It seems to me he always wanted to do what was best for the team but maybe I've vastly misjudged him.
            Agree with this. Be surprised if faurlin demanded to play every game.

Comment

• Mel, you remember him often coming on as a sub? He came on twice... all season. If he's capable of starting 30 matches and improving the team, he can do that, but if the manager sees otherwise (which I disagree with) then I can't blame him for respectfully looking for regular game time elsewhere. He didn't want to play every game, he just wanted to be a more regular first team starter than they wanted him to be. He'd probably be happy with 30 games, but maybe the club had targets in mind who would play with that regularity and couldn't afford to offer it to him.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Comment

• Nice interview here: http://beatsandrhymesfc.com/alejandr...of-salvation/?

Comment

• Yes, if what they are saying is true.

If Faurlin isnt going to be used as a first team player, then surely Ale will want to be looking elswhere, he will 30 come the start of the season after all.

Ale is a legend in his outright now, which is great and I love the guy as much as everyone else, but sadly you cant hold a player at QPR for various reasons just because the fans love him.

Henry will stay as a squad player which suits him as he is a tad older than Faurlin, which is a sensible decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X