End of Season Report - Youth Team Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Season Report - Youth Team Players

How do we feel about the youth players that have made appearances this season?

Personally,

Lumley - seemed decent enough, but with more established gks here its hard to see him getting much of a look in next season. Perhaps a loan and then see where we go from there.

Kpekawa - like the look of him. Big and strong, but still very inexperienced. That will change with time, and will hopefully prove to be a decent squad option going forward. Robbo appeared on the Youtube show recently and suggested JFH is looking at bringing in another LB, so looks like a season long loan could be on the cards for next season.

Doughty - can we still class him as a youth player? I'll stick him in here anyway. Liked the look of him, and had hoped he would get more game time but i can understand the loan move. By all accounts doing pretty well at Swindon. Hope to see him more involved next season.

Petrasso - Of the four listed, this is the lad that i feel is the most promising. Looks very comfortable on the ball and isnt afraid to try and take on a man. His movement looks very good as well, just last week against burnley as example - some very good runs which shows spacial awareness. Obviously still things to improve on, but reckon we'll see him involved quite a bit next season.

Do feel free to add any I've left out, but other than Prohouly and RGC (a shame to not see him involved this season) making the bench here and there, i cant think of any.

Over to you:

Kpekawa and Petrasso should be squad members next season, Petrasso pushing for starting spot. Lumley would only stay if one or our better GKs leave otherwise he has to. be loaned out and the Polish guy can be our third keepee.

Comment

Our youth prospects are looking very promising, easily our most promising players since Ray Jones.

If we are signing a new LB I'd like it to be someone whos mainly there as cover whilst Robinson and Kpekewa battle it out, someone like Tommy Spurr would be perfect and cheap.
      As for Kpekwa, I didn't have high hopes for him after his Orient loan as one of my mates is an Orient supporter and said he wasn't anything special but he's done okay in his appearences for us. there's a few things he needs to work on such as making more runs, being more vocal and being more confident with the ball as he passes it back a lot rather than trying to press forward with it.

I rate Petrasso really highly, he looks like a very confident hungry player and should replace Phillips (hopefully we sell him) in the 1st team next season, seems like a very good reader of the game.

Doughty has done real well at Swindon too, I'd love him to come back here and make a proper push for our first team but I can see him going to Swindon on a perm. He seems happy there and is getting regular games now, plus the fans and the manager want him to stay.

Comment

Petrasso looked very good when I watched him against Burnley. The midfielders could actually have used him more than they did. IMO, he very never afraid of getting the ball and taking on a player. His Balance did also impress me a lot. Definitly one for the future...
        Last edited by Shania; 08-05-2016, 05:25 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Frankie Sutherland is another one who could break into the team next year. If not next season in the championship then I doubt he ever will. I'd like to see furlong getting some game time next season. Perch or a new rb will start, but hopefully furlong pushes for a starting place. That fella that was on the bench last week must look decent as well to justify a place as a sub, is it Prohouly?

Comment

Guess that's the question about Sutherland answered then

Comment

Working...
            X