End of Season Report - Angella & Konchesky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Season Report - Angella & Konchesky

Now they'll be heading back to their parent clubs, how do we feel they've done during their season on loan at the club?

Personally,
    Konchesky - tried, and was steady at times, but pretty clear his best days are long behind him. Will probably call it quits this summer. Cant even recall his last appearance for us, anyone know when it was?

Angella - expected a bit more if im honest. Quite a few errors mixed with a very good game here and there. Would be suprised if we're keen on signing him this summer.

Time to thank both for their effort this season, and wave goodbye.

Personally don't want konchesky near the club from a footballing perspective again. We have Robinson and kepewka who both should be ahead of him.

Angella done ok in spells and I wouldn't be 100% against him returning but I get the feeling Watford want quite a substantial fee. Would prefer us to go for someone like Matt Connolly or a player of his age and experience of the championship.

So basically thanks trying lads but I wouldn't want either back.

Comment

Bombed out by the Premiership champions and ended up in our development squad. Think that's it for Paul.

Comment

Konch was a decent enough footballer but at left back, got so exposed for pace it was unreal. No need for him next season, wish him the best.

Angella would have been the perfect centre back for what we were looking to do if he was a better defender. He has the passing for what we want, but he lacks aerial ability and lacks positional awareness as a centre back. Plenty of other options and our focus this summer should be on a left footed ball playing centre back to move hall to the right side so he's more comfortable on the ball.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think Konch played for us a few weeks ago, can't remember who it was against but Perch was injured so we had no left back. Imo he did okay at the start of the season for us but quickly became a huge liability and was exploited by every team that came up against us.

Angella I thought had a good season with us when he established himself, personally speaking, he's someone I'd like the club to try and sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Now they'll be heading back to their parent clubs, how do we feel they've done during their season on loan at the club?

Personally,
            Konchesky - tried, and was steady at times, but pretty clear his best days are long behind him. Will probably call it quits this summer. Cant even recall his last appearance for us, anyone know when it was?

Angella - expected a bit more if im honest. Quite a few errors mixed with a very good game here and there. Would be suprised if we're keen on signing him this summer.

Both disappointing. Glad they were only loan signings.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Bombed out by the Premiership champions and ended up in our development squad. Think that's it for Paul.
              Yep. They took Simpson and gave us Konchesky. Says it all.

Comment

Both woeful and we need to address this. Just need to get rid of nedum now and I'll be happy
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Konch needs to pack the game in best days are well hehind him. Angella would keep if at decent price to beef and pad squad out

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Konch needs to pack the game in best days are well hehind him. Angella would keep if at decent price to beef and pad squad out
                    I am sorry but you're wrong. Playing centre half is a partnership, my fav being Ferdinand in his prime and vidic. The thing you most want is for them to complement each other. Most people won't be that bothered about hill leaving but hall is a good prospect however he isn't vocal and we need a real chatty calming influence at the back alongside him. For me you couldn't get more opposite in nedum and Angella. Hall is our priority and we need to look at getting the best out of him. Its not just at centre half though and I think we desperately need more characters in general. An Italian tart isn't the answer
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Wont be missed. bye bye
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Personally,

Just checked yday Programme and he last played against Cardiff away and his last game before that was Bolton away before Perch made the spot his own.

Agree i wouldnt mind Angella back but I think he will go elsewhere, probably suited to a slower oaced league where he can take time to play the ball.

Comment

Working...
                        X