End of Season Report - JFH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    It's not rocket science Vesp is it. If we lose 6-7 of the first 10 he's on a hiding to nothing from the fans.

Draw 2-3 and lose the same and you'll get the same reaction.

Win a few then good, we're starting positively. Not to say that'll last the season, but it'll keep some of the less patient fans happy for a while longer.
    I just meant what do people realistically hope for from next season Jim !
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      We can't keeping changing managers, and he has to be given a chance for a full season.
      This.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        How many here think we're ready to go up next year? I think we're nowhere near it. Year after. There's a lot of players to shift and strangers to bring in. Need all next season for players to know what the team plan is and what they're each doing. That's why Burnley and Middlesbrough went up and we didn't.
        Burnley also went up because they play 442 and signed Gray to score the goals to help them.
        Not to mention they had a manager to manage the decent players they had kept and the new ones they signed...QPR appointed a youth team coach.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          I'm expecting pretty much the same as this season mate. We won't spend big, can't see a big overhaul & we'll struggle to get a regular goal scorer on our budget.

Grim

Comment

Made us very difficult to beat at home and starting to turn loftus road into a fortress again. Of his 14 games we've lost only 3 and 2 of those were against boro and the last minute rob green gaffe against hull (trying to block out the Fulham game!!).

We've struggled away from home though and we definitely need to improve on the road. Overall we have drawn too many games but it does give us a more solid base to start from.

JFH has had to work with a vastly different squad to Ramsay and has revitalised hoilett, chery and Polter. Ingram looks a great signing and we have 2 quality keepers going forward. It's been difficult to understand what our overall game plan has been at times and this is frustrating.

However, I think a proper pre season, get ALL of the deadwood out and start to rebuild the squad that Jimmy wants and I think within 2-3 years we will be ready to push on again.

My score on his first 6 months -7/10. Definitely things to improve (style of play etc) but has made us much harder to beat and we can only improve on this

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              More attractive football utilising both Polter and Washington in the starting line up would be a good way to appease fans.
              If he carries on with his dull 4321 or whatever it is, and the team is not winning often he can expect the paying fans to voice their disappointment.
              Redkrapp's promotion winning team often played dull football, but until Austin's injury wete in the top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                more attractive football utilising both polter and washington in the starting line up would be a good way to appease fans.
                If he carries on with his dull 4321 or whatever it is, and the team is not winning often he can expect the paying fans to voice their disappointment.
                Redkrapp's promotion winning team often played dull football, but until austin's injury wete in the top 2.
                spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Stabilised us. Harder to beat, look like we have a game plan. Best decision dropping Green.

On a negative note. 1 up front is awful. Would like to see CW & Polter together. Hasn't really improved us that much. Literally just a tad. Substitutions need improving.

Needs a strong pre season and first 10 games or the restless natives will be on his back very early.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    We can't keeping changing managers, and he has to be given a chance for a full season.
                    This is a result business so of course you can and you have to change the manager if the results are not good enough. It is possible to stabilize the club without having a long term manager.

Comment

What is the definition of a 'strong preseason'?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                        What is the definition of a 'strong preseason'?
                        Players you want in early, not 2 weeks into the start of the season, all over paid players you want gone, gone. Injury free squad.

Comment

JFH LOOKING AHEAD

"There's a big job to do here and I'm excited and looking forward to what lies ahead.

"I want to make QPR a force - and that's what I intend to do."

“Obviously there is more work to done. We all know we are in transition,”

“We’ve got some good characters here at the club and we have a base. We now want to work from that base.

“There are going to be some changes at this club, but we also have to understand that it’s not going to be about only throwing money at it.

“It’s about getting the right mentality and that platform, and having it right throughout the club.

“We want to make sure that we are all going in the same direction and are a good team, not just individuals.”

He added: “Style is always something we want to play with, but it has to be possible – you are not going to win every game in style.

“Sometimes you have to dig in and battle, but we want to play with a style where we pass the ball and create chances.”

Comment

More attractive football utilising both Polter and Washington in the starting line up would be a good way to appease fans.
                            Agreed. Was disappointed when Polter replaced CW. Clearly he doesn't want to play that system, but we'll never get the best from Washington otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Agreed. Was disappointed when Polter replaced CW. Clearly he doesn't want to play that system, but we'll never get the best from Washington otherwise.

Or, he already deems Washington not good enough. Who knows.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Wonder how the paying fans will react if he uses his dull 4-3-2-1 and has us top of the league all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X