End of Season Report - JFH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Season Report - JFH

So where do we all stand on Jimmys first six months at the club?

Personally, i was all for his appointment and confident he'd be a hit, but i must admit to a few slight doubts creeping in.

If his 2nd 6 months are similar will he warrant another year on his rolling deal?

Comment

We can't keeping changing managers, and he has to be given a chance for a full season.

Comment

Stabilised us. Harder to beat, look like we have a game plan. Best decision dropping Green.

On a negative note. 1 up front is awful. Would like to see CW & Polter together. Hasn't really improved us that much. Literally just a tad. Substitutions need improving.

Needs a strong pre season and first 10 games or the restless natives will be on his back very early.

Comment

Not sure he had a great deal to do with Green being dropped. After 6 months not overly impressed and the fare served up this season has been dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Not sure he had a great deal to do with Green being dropped. After 6 months not overly impressed and the fare served up this season has been dreadful.
            Provably not but he's the manager so I kind of hope it's him making the decisions or we might as well have Tango & Cash back

Comment

I thought he had a good track record at Burton but have been disappointed with results. I don't think that we can get rid of him after 10 games next season, if he starts the next season in a poor way. We either back him for the full season or make the change now.
              Personally I would be tempted to make the change now if the right man can be got. But if Jimmy is still here in a months time, hope he gets the full season to implement his vision.

Comment

D.

Comment

How many here think we're ready to go up next year? I think we're nowhere near it. Year after. There's a lot of players to shift and strangers to bring in. Need all next season for players to know what the team plan is and what they're each doing. That's why Burnley and Middlesbrough went up and we didn't.

Comment

People talk about the first ten games,for what ? what do we expect ?
                    Personally i`d like to challenge for the play offs ,playing decent football .
                    And to to do that we need to clear even more dead wood , ( Hoilett ,Faulin, Phillips etc need replacing ,have seen better days )and strengthen all over the pitch ,(the only position that truly looks good is in goal )
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Nowhere near ready to go up with the players we have at the moment.

Comment

Took Boro seven years to get back up.

Comment

Took us 15 first time round

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            People talk about the first ten games,for what ? what do we expect ?
                            It's not rocket science Vesp is it. If we lose 6-7 of the first 10 he's on a hiding to nothing from the fans.

Draw 2-3 and lose the same and you'll get the same reaction.

Win a few then good, we're starting positively. Not to say that'll last the season, but it'll keep some of the less patient fans happy for a while longer.

Comment

Give the bloke a 20 goal a season striker and we'll be looking good.

Comment

Working...
                              X