Clintus Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Indeed. We wait to see. Here's hoping Clint gets the Rangers deal he's earned and which every R wants.

This forum is like a pub conversation. You say what you think at the time you say it. That's what brings it alive.
    just more lfw #### stirring mate , dont get ya thong in a bunch! by the way les is not a wan ker just saying like me old mucker!
    LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
      just more lfw #### stirring mate , dont get ya thong in a bunch! by the way les is not a wan ker just saying like me old mucker!
      It'll be a wedgie, if Clint leaves. Here's hoping.....

Comment

No doubt CH has been a rock for us over the past few seasons. What's his value going forwards? Past players/legends aren't necessarily going to improve the club.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          No doubt CH has been a rock for us over the past few seasons. What's his value going forwards? Past players/legends aren't necessarily going to improve the club.
          I don't think the point is his future sell on fee but what he provides to the club as a whole. He's been here for 6 years and in those 6 years he's been a cult hero for us. Every club needs players like Clint Hill around, that old stalwart who's been part of the team through ups and downs and has unmeasurable passion for the team he's at.
          For most people, it's not the on field contributions that make him a must keep at the club, it's his passion, dedication and experience. He knows the ins and the outs of the club and would be a great role model and coach for any player coming into the club, heck, he's even been labelled Mr QPR more than once!

Comment

I heard him on Talk Sport, the same as West Acton's comments on previous page.

Clint still wants to play regular football, not be a bit part player filling in when needed. That is also a difficult role for a player of his age because he needs match sharpness that only comes from playing.

The great majority on here don't see him as a starter every game and even though we all love him, that is surely the right view?

So, if Clint want's to play week in week out and our staff agree with the majority of posters on here that he isn't really up to that volume of playing time any more, why should there be any criticism of anyone if Client goes off and joins Dezza or any other manager that sees him as a regular starter?
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Seems like someone is talking bollx on this thread.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/j...t-qpr-contract

Gutted and outraged about clint but the rest can do one
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Iv got mixed emotions on this:

1.) Yes Clint is a club legend. With our new ethos of buying younger players making the step up, having someone like clint around is a must IMHO. Even if he is just a squad member not getting much game time his influence on younger pros coming through is almost invaluable.

2.) Is Possible Clint doesnt think he can handle this level anymore. Been a few times in the past (notably playoff final), where he has asked to be subbed off himself to keep a more talented player on the pitch. Almost certain he isnt the sort of guy to stick around if he doesn't feel he can contribute. For what its worth, his performances this season says he can still handle this level.

3.) Coaching - TBH i dont know anything about him as a coach (badges/qualifications)? i dont think anyone should just get a job at the club because of their history. The have to be the right person for that role at the time and perhaps JFH/LF think their are better coaches out there. Almost certainly are and i dont think Clint merits a coaching role because of what he has done on the pitch in the past.

4.) Everything is a rumor at this stage, so will wait to hear officially before making any judgement. If this rumor about Joining Derry is true, then i think the makes the most sens given his inexperience in a coaching role.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  Seems like someone is talking bollx on this thread.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/j...t-qpr-contract

Gutted and outraged about clint but the rest can do one
                  disappointed to read that, same site a day ago suggested that talks were planned with them. Anyway I'll take my defeats with grace. Disappointed if it's the case that they're getting rid of all the stalwarts. Hope it isn't true but time will tell.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

he and faurlin should be offered deals but not guaranteed to be starters. if clint still wants to play then he could go elsewhere but we should offer a deal regardless. Faurlin done well to get through a season injury free. I dont think he is our future anymore but we could do a lot worse as backup.
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      disappointed to read that, same site a day ago suggested that talks were planned with them. Anyway I'll take my defeats with grace. Disappointed if it's the case that they're getting rid of all the stalwarts. Hope it isn't true but time will tell.
                      Dont mind losing furlin but hill..........

One thing is sure, adding these 4 to sandro, fer, caulker, papa shango and tramp, we will need to sign alot more than 8 players.

Would also like shot of tozer and gladwin.

Comment

Another thing is for sure, 7s is going to do his nut when he reads that link.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          I heard him on Talk Sport, the same as West Acton's comments on previous page.

Clint still wants to play regular football, not be a bit part player filling in when needed. That is also a difficult role for a player of his age because he needs match sharpness that only comes from playing.

The great majority on here don't see him as a starter every game and even though we all love him, that is surely the right view?

So, if Clint want's to play week in week out and our staff agree with the majority of posters on here that he isn't really up to that volume of playing time any more, why should there be any criticism of anyone if Client goes off and joins Dezza or any other manager that sees him as a regular starter?
                          Spot on.

Comment

Seeing as Ale has declared he's been bombed out, surely Clint not saying means we are offering him talks?

Comment

Gutted the day he leaves. Been an amazing servant at QPR.

Comment

Working...
                              X