Transfer targets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
    if we can find such a stud, I'd be chuffed to bits. But in the style of "we're qpr, we know what we are", if such a player existed, all the top premier league sides would be gagging for such a prospect. we'd never have a chance.

we need to find a player who will explode into such level of brilliance while at our club, not before.

that said, I'd love for us to sign Bradley Dack from Gils. he looks absolute quality!

We are definitely after him just not 100% going to get him!!

Comment

What about Ravel Morrison and the picture of him in a QPR-shirt? Could that indicate a return to us? Personally, I think Ramsey and Oldfield can work wonders with him. He needs to settle somewhere aswell. Anyone in the know regarding Ravel?
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

It's a bit like painting by numbers just going for the player of the year in every division .

Comment

The key problem in recent times re acquisitions has been off the field. There is a very strong financial argument that in terms of on field return per level of investment, we are the most unsuccessful club of all time, bar none.

The stable doors have finally been shut and that horse has well and truly bolted. This makes it more important than ever we finally start getting it right, from the bottom up. JFH has very little experience in the market place and Les has already presided over some questionable decisions. I'm not confident in our ability to spot the right talent for the right money and land the prize, I just hope that whoever is ultimately responsible has the level of suss needed.

Comment

My choices

Dunkley ( CB from Oxford ) future star !
            Alfie mawson
            Tom cairney
            Bradley dack
            Henri lansbury
            Jordan cousins
            Kemar roofe
            Callum Harriot
            Scott hogan
            Jonathan kodija

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              The key problem in recent times re acquisitions has been off the field. There is a very strong financial argument that in terms of on field return per level of investment, we are the most unsuccessful club of all time, bar none.

The stable doors have finally been shut and that horse has well and truly bolted. This makes it more important than ever we finally start getting it right, from the bottom up. JFH has very little experience in the market place and Les has already presided over some questionable decisions. I'm not confident in our ability to spot the right talent for the right money and land the prize, I just hope that whoever is ultimately responsible has the level of suss needed.
              Hall, Chery, Luongo, Smithies, Ingram, Nasser, Perch, Polter. All very good acquisitions relative to their prices. Some work, some don't, that's how it goes everywhere. Les has done very well with acquisitions given a limited budget for transfers and wages and has stuck rigidly to his limits.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Hall, Chery, Luongo, Smithies, Ingram, Nasser, Perch, Polter. All very good acquisitions relative to their prices. Some work, some don't, that's how it goes everywhere. Les has done very well with acquisitions given a limited budget for transfers and wages and has stuck rigidly to his limits.
                Spot on.

Comment

. All very good acquisitions relative to their prices.
                  Does that mean promotion is irrelevant relative to balancing the books? Irony of course is that by getting decisions wrong at the end of last term (Ramsey, and imo the NW thing this season) we effectively blew the chance of putting investment back via media rights. We'd have probably blown it again though had we gone up.

I just want to know is sustainability OK with you if it means our ambitions are limited to mid table champ football for the forseeable?

I think that is the realistic question for all of uus based on the evidence we have seen under this regime. The good signings have not been enough to raise us above mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Does that mean promotion is irrelevant relative to balancing the books? Irony of course is that by getting decisions wrong at the end of last term (Ramsey, and imo the NW thing this season) we effectively blew the chance of putting investment back via media rights. We'd have probably blown it again though had we gone up.

I just want to know is sustainability OK with you if it means our ambitions are limited to mid table champ football for the forseeable?

I think that is the realistic question for all of uus based on the evidence we have seen under this regime. The good signings have not been enough to raise us above mediocrity.
                    You do love changing your argument whenever it is brought into question. This time you said:

JFH has very little experience in the market place and Les has already presided over some questionable decisions. I'm not confident in our ability to spot the right talent for the right money and land the prize
                    There you have stated they have presided over questionable decisions? What about the decisions to bring in all of those players that I listed? Were they questionable? Were they not the right talent for the right money given the aim for the season at the time of purchase was stability? If you are going to say the goal wasn't stability, you can check the post sacking of CR interview as proof that when we made most of our signings, we expected the aim to be stability and the big names to be off the book. Same went with the signings of Ingram and Nasser, signed when we reset our expectancy to stability after getting rid of all the big names finally.

Who said ambitions have to be limited to mid table just because we're being sustainable? We've got some top talent in our ranks with Luongo, Chery and Hall and the two keepers in particular. Some solid championship players with Ned, Perch, Polter and some good young talents with Doughty, Furlong, Kpekawa, Petrasso etc. We're investing money into the squad this summer, that's for sure, but on the basis of their quality/value, I'd say Les and JFH have got it right so far. Spend a little bit more with the money saved on wages on better players and we can really elevate ourselves while being sustainable.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

There you have stated they have presided over questionable decisions? What about the decisions to bring in all of those players that I listed? Were they questionable?
                      Thing is Naz its a results based game. Therefore whether or not a signing works out on the park is ultimately defined by where we end up at the end of term. There is simply no getting away from that. In other words on the basis of this season, sustainability has left us..... bang in the mid pack. It is therefore not unreasonable to suggest that the same thing could happen again. Therefore, logically, it is a reasonable question to ask: if that were the case would you be happy with it? We have the precedent of this seasons form to go on, it's not like I'm asking you would you be satisfied if sustainability led to a relegation battle (because the form suggests otherwise).

There is of course another way of looking at this possibility but unfortunately it makes an unwelcome suggestion for JFH admirers. Let's suppose the signings have been brilliant. Let's agree that on a player by player basis Les got it right and continues to do so. If we end up in the same place again next season, despite the quality signings, how would we explain that?

There should always be a plan B, ie what we do if this doesn't work out. It's called contingency. It's essential business practice and should be a mantra for all supporters and investors, because reality is often unpredictable.

Comment

I'd like Ravel Morrison

Comment

Working...
                        X