No announcement yet.

It's Official.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i` sure the son of a bus driver from a council estate in Tooting,is more likely to have my interests at heart ,than a Eton educated Tory boy from Westminster , no matter what religion he is .
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Here's a different viewpoint: I feel fantastic to be a Londoner right now. We've rejected the divide and rule politics of the nasty party and embraced the fact that London is a truly great world city. We are an inclusive city, where we don't care about the colour of your skin or the religion of your forefathers, and we are leading the way in this new century, because let's face it: the world is changing and it ain't ever going to go back to how it was. I say let's embrace this fact and celebrate what a wonderfully diverse city of ours this is.

I think my grandchildren will have great pride that London led the way in a new century, rejecting the efforts of those who would divide us purely for their own gain. London has always prided itself on its inclusivity. This is a massive positive. If we truly want to have peace in this world, this is the way to do it. Goldsmith waged a vicious smear campaign against Khan and it backfired big time. That shows me that London does not kow-tow to the the corporate right wing agenda, but goes its own way. Well done London, I'm proud to call this city my home.
      nice speech Hubs, unfortunately a large percentage of ex Londoners disagree and have voted with their feet. This result would never have happened 20 years ago
      Last edited by lymehoop; 07-05-2016, 07:48 AM.
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

What has his religion got to to do with running as Mayor?

Comment

Originally posted by Smaug View Post
          What has his religion got to to do with running as Mayor?
          Nothing really, but it does appear he was voted in cos of his religion. Muslims were 130% in attendance in the polls whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            nice speech Hubs, unfortunately a large percentage of ex Londoners disagree and have voted with their feet. This result would never have happened 20 years ago
            But current Londoners (of which only 12% are Muslim) voted with their er...hands, and here we are. I agree totally with Hubble. We need to embrace change, saying things like "London is now an Islamic state" puts us back 20 years. He was voted in because his policy's are sound, he is the figurehead for the LABOUR party, not a figurehead for ISIS. He'll be working to put Labour policy's in place, not Sharia law.

btw Calgary has had a Muslim mayor since 2010, they seem to be doing ok: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naheed_Nenshi

Comment

Well I voted for him on his policies and not his religion and how can you have a 130% voter turnout....

Comment

Well I voted for him on his policies and not his religion and how can you have a 130% voter turnout....
                Check that old bag Katie hopkins twitter feed mate, she explains it. Though i still don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                  But current Londoners (of which only 12% are Muslim) voted with their er...hands, and here we are. I agree totally with Hubble. We need to embrace change, saying things like "London is now an Islamic state" puts us back 20 years. He was voted in because his policy's are sound, he is the figurehead for the LABOUR party, not a figurehead for ISIS. He'll be working to put Labour policy's in place, not Sharia law.

btw Calgary has had a Muslim mayor since 2010, they seem to be doing ok: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naheed_Nenshi
                  Only 12%? Who are they trying to kid!

Comment

I don't think Katie Hopkins's twitter feed is a reliable source of information

Comment

I don't think Katie Hopkins's twitter feed is a reliable source of information
                      Agreed. Thats like taking anything TheS*n newspaper spouts seriously.

Comment

Another sad day for the city and the country.People might just get it in time but then it will be to late.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Here's a different viewpoint: I feel fantastic to be a Londoner right now. We've rejected the divide and rule politics of the nasty party and embraced the fact that London is a truly great world city. We are an inclusive city, where we don't care about the colour of your skin or the religion of your forefathers, and we are leading the way in this new century, because let's face it: the world is changing and it ain't ever going to go back to how it was. I say let's embrace this fact and celebrate what a wonderfully diverse city of ours this is.

I think my grandchildren will have great pride that London led the way in a new century, rejecting the efforts of those who would divide us purely for their own gain. London has always prided itself on its inclusivity. This is a massive positive. If we truly want to have peace in this world, this is the way to do it. Goldsmith waged a vicious smear campaign against Khan and it backfired big time. That shows me that London does not kow-tow to the the corporate right wing agenda, but goes its own way. Well done London, I'm proud to call this city my home.
                          Dream dream dream dream

Comment

easy with the postal vote
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                              Only 12%? Who are they trying to kid!
                              Thats still over a million mind, but they tend to live in the same areas as each other so it can appear to be more then reality.

If a tourist only saw Loftus Road on match day, he'd go home and tell everyone Shepherds Bush is full of white English!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                Thats still over a million mind, but they tend to live in the same areas as each other so it can appear to be more then reality.

If a tourist only saw Loftus Road on match day, he'd go home and tell everyone Shepherds Bush is full of white English!
                                yes they intergrate so well in our wonderful multi cultural city

Comment

Working...
                                X