FFP dispute expected to be resolved by commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP dispute expected to be resolved by commission

Rangers are challenging the legality of the Football League’s Championship FFP rules, under which the club face a massive fine for losses recorded during the 2013-2014 financial year.

Promotion to the Premier League was achieved that season, but relegation the following year left QPR open to a potential fine of more than £50m. Despite several subsequent reports of an imminent deal between the two parties, legal arguments have failed to resolve the issue.

Full story: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...ispute-latest?

Any legal bods know if this is good or bad news?!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
      Any legal bods know if this is good or bad news?!
      It's rarely good news for QPR
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I'd have thought it'd be preferable if a deal could have been reached between each side without it needing to go before a commission. You can see it dragging on even further now with appeal after appeal etc.

Comment

I find this whole ruling for being punished just because we've got rich owners ridiculous. No one rich wants to a club in grimsby, Huddersfield etc. but that's there problem. London is popular for good reason but we also face competition from numerous other London clubs.

That being said by the rules our argument about being committed to Prem contracts is sound if we hadn't spent money on new players like Austin.

Comment

Good news in my book. Club have stood their ground and not given an inch. Can't imagine we would not have done a deal had we known we were not on a solid footing.

Comment

This ruling seems to be bullied boy tact ticks in our case just because they can, when you take into account we fell foul of their ruling after we had left the championship before the the rule came into force and had committed to giving players their contracts

Comment

I'm assuming it's good news, in as much as the owners won't bow to the FL's heavy handed tactics.

From a common sense point of view, we couldn't simply rip up contracts, so didn't have the opportunity to comply properly. The only way of coming close was to do what they did and write off debt, so actually we did only lose the £9.8m. That's what the accounts will show, so good luck to the FL with challenging that one.

Besides, FFP has actually nothing at all to do with "fair play" as everybody is aware. Nothing fair about the wealthy clubs being able to spend more than the less well off, in order to maintain their positions in the higher divisions. It was brought in to stop clubs overspending and risking their existence like Portsmouth. If the owners want to write off losses that they themselves caused with their own stupidity, then fair play to them for doing the right thing. They are the only losers, just as they should be.

The FL have backed themselves into a corner IMO, with their very ill advised approach to the whole matter, not least about declaring that they will force us to pay or risk being demoted from the league. Currently having to attempt to save face under pressure from the other clubs that have suffered from their ridiculous rules.

Comment

I see goody two shoes Bournemouth have been fined £7,000,000 for FFP irregularities.

Don't see the press slamming them like they do us for every single misdemeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    I see goody two shoes Bournemouth have been fined £7,000,000 for FFP irregularities.

Don't see the press slamming them like they do us for every single misdemeanor.
                    If and when Leicester drop their due a fine too

Comment

obviously the fine the FA wants to impose on us is severe
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

The Bournemouth fine should have been a lot higher. Seems an agreement was reached.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          If and when Leicester drop their due a fine too
                          Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          obviously the fine the FA wants to impose on us is severe
                          Only an inherently unfair system can penalise the relatively poorer clubs but leave the wealthy clubs well alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            I'd have thought it'd be preferable if a deal could have been reached between each side without it needing to go before a commission
                            You're not kidding. I think the best perspective on this (and much else re the running of the club) was this excellent financial overview, compulsory reading for anyone with an interest on the financial side.

Comment

QPR hope to call in the third men to decide Financial Fair Play fine row

Talks have ground to a stalemate over any fine Rs should receive from the Football League - and a second body looks set to arbitrate and provide a solution. Rangers potentially face the same fate as Fulham who spent more than they earned as a Premier League side and have only just seen a transfer embargo lifted.

However, Rs have campaigned vigorously they were hamstrung by a wage bill they could do nothing about following a yo-yo three seasons up and down the Championship...

Full article: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-men-11380889?

Comment

Working...
                              X