Class of 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class of 2016

The time is nearly upon us to once again set free a fresh batch of supremely talented individuals.

We will use this thread to look back on their time at the club, what you would consider their finest moment in the shirt and where they might be headed.

So, lets take a look at the class of 2016

Rob Green
    Finest moment: Play off final?
    Likely to end up: one of the relegated teams/back up at a bottom half premier league club

Armand Traore
    Cross for Mackie up at the Etihad?
    Will be surprised if he manages to get a team for the start of the new season.

Yun Suk Young
    Goal up at Barnsley?
    Work permit issues, back to Korea

Samba Diakite
    Winner v Arsenal?
    Same as Traore

Oscar Gobern
    Run out in a pre-season friendly?
    Some league one club

Junior Hoilett
    Contribution for the Zamora goal/goal v Brentford?

I'll leave Hill, Faurlin and Henry off the list for now as im sure the club will look to retain them.

Each one has contributed in their own way, and im sure you'll have fond memories of their time here as we prepare to say our goodbyes.

samba's debut against fulham has got to be a highlight - 32 minutes of high octane lunacy that earned him a place in all our hearts and a permanent deal on mega-money.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
      samba's debut against fulham has got to be a highlight - 32 minutes of high octane lunacy that earned him a place in all our hearts and a permanent deal on mega-money.
      That's actually spot on summary

Comment

Not sure if I'm going on Saturday. What would tempt me, however, was if Traore and Diakite were to be drummed out of the club before kick off, having to walk around the pitch enabling us to boo and hiss, perhaps throw rotten fruit.

Comment

SWP last year and now Traore/Diakte/Green/Hoilett on their way - the last of the big earners gone, finally. Feels good!

Comment

Sandro... Fer.. Caulker

Comment

The last of the big earners from 2011/12 I meant! I dont think we'll have much issue getting rid of those 3 tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                The time is nearly upon us to once again set free a fresh batch of supremely talented individuals.

We will use this thread to look back on their time at the club, what you would consider their finest moment in the shirt and where they might be headed.

So, lets take a look at the class of 2016

Rob Green
                Finest moment: Play off final?
                Likely to end up: one of the relegated teams/back up at a bottom half premier league club

Armand Traore
                Cross for Mackie up at the Etihad?
                Will be surprised if he manages to get a team for the start of the new season.

Yun Suk Young
                Goal up at Barnsley?
                Work permit issues, back to Korea

Samba Diakite
                Winner v Arsenal?
                Same as Traore

Oscar Gobern
                Run out in a pre-season friendly?
                Some league one club

Junior Hoilett
                Contribution for the Zamora goal/goal v Brentford?

I'll leave Hill, Faurlin and Henry off the list for now as im sure the club will look to retain them.

Each one has contributed in their own way, and im sure you'll have fond memories of their time here as we prepare to say our goodbyes.
                That was a good read
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

It's a sad day when we lose the clowns from the club. We should write an obituary for Traore's and Samba's Careers in England.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I know diakite is meant to be mad but it must be mad genius - he's earned 3 years money without making a single appearance in that time.

Comment

When Samba went missing so did i. Great value for money
                      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                      X