Chris Hughton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Hughton

After just reading the ridiculous thread about JFH needing to go after 25 games i was thinking about Chris Hughton. I noticed he took over in December 2014 (roughly same time as JFH a year later) and they finished 20th last season and he picked up about 24 points in about 22 games in his time in charge (pretty similar to JFH or in fact worse I believe).

The point I'm making is that some on here,by going by the JFH thread, would want him to be gone last summer. If that did happen then they probably wouldn't be within 1 win of automatic promotion and guaranteed playoffs no matter what. Basically what I'm saying is stop being so impatient and let the relatively new manager manage. It might not work out and then it might but without being given a chance then we will never know. 25 games is not enough especially when last few have just been playing out the season preparing for next year.

we all know why you have drawn a comparison between these two you massive racist

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
      After just reading the ridiculous thread about JFH needing to go after 25 games i was thinking about Chris Hughton. I noticed he took over in December 2014 (roughly same time as JFH a year later) and they finished 20th last season and he picked up about 24 points in about 22 games in his time in charge (pretty similar to JFH or in fact worse I believe).

The point I'm making is that some on here,by going by the JFH thread, would want him to be gone last summer. If that did happen then they probably wouldn't be within 1 win of automatic promotion and guaranteed playoffs no matter what. Basically what I'm saying is stop being so impatient and let the relatively new manager manage. It might not work out and then it might but without being given a chance then we will never know. 25 games is not enough especially when last few have just been playing out the season preparing for next year.
      Eminently sensible post.

Comment

Comment

Centre half and a decent forward and jimmys sussed it, agree Jimmy till Christmas !!
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Non-sensensical thread. Pointless comparing Hughton's much more experienced and successful track record vs JFH's. Taking Newcastle up as run-away champions...Stabilising them in the PL...Guiding Birmingham to play-offs...Keeping Norwich up in the PL...And now on the brink of taking Brighton up. All that compared to what JFH did in league 1&2 for two seasons?

Comment

Come on Stanley, the OP isn't comparing their records or abilities. QPRhoop clearly states what the point of his post his.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Non-sensensical thread. Pointless comparing Hughton's much more experienced and successful track record vs JFH's. Taking Newcastle up as run-away champions...Stabilising them in the PL...Guiding Birmingham to play-offs...Keeping Norwich up in the PL...And now on the brink of taking Brighton up. All that compared to what JFH did in league 1&2 for two seasons?
                I didn't want to state the obvious, but you have. Just what I was thinking. Not a comparison at all.

Comment

Spot on. We're taking much more of a punt with JFH compared to hughton.

Comment

JFH will be the UK Simeone!

Comment

Are you honestly telling me that if we had Hughton in from December and had the record he had at Brighton last year that there wouldn't be a few on here wanting him out? I'm not comparing abilities I'm comparing the situation and how impatient some of our fans are.

Comment

Are you honestly telling me that if we had Hughton in from December and had the record he had at Brighton last year that there wouldn't be a few on here wanting him out?
                        A few moaners yes (as there always are no matter what the circs), but a lot less given Hughton's successful track record and experience. That's the reason more are voicing concerns now because of that difference (not saying I'm in that camp yet myself).

Comment

will make my mind up 10/12 games into next season about JFH , new players and a good pre season/ fitness . people expect us to be challenging for promotion every season or a top six PL team , we are little QPR a mid table championship team that every now and again get it right and get promoted in my 45 years of watching my expectations have now levelled out .

Comment

A few moaners yes (as there always are no matter what the circs), but a lot less given Hughton's successful track record and experience. That's the reason more are voicing concerns now because of that difference (not saying I'm in that camp yet myself).
                            Without knowing for certain I'm pretty sure the same people would be complaining no matter what and wouldn't take into consideration his experience.

But fair enough if 25 games is enough time for you to judge a manager, especially without a pre season behind him and having to get rid of the big name players during that time, then so be it. Personally I think mid table is fine for the moment. I agree with the comments most are making about it being not the most exciting football in the world but I'm willing to give him time.

Just one more quick note and that is Karanka took over in November 2013 and while Boro were 16th when he took over they only finished 12th. That is obviously a bit better than JFH but is not brilliant but he was given the summer and pre season to build his team and that has done them no harm over the last 2 years. He had no managerial experience before as well.

Comment

Calling it nonsensical is rather extreme Stan! The point is - self-evidently - that a new manager needs time. And that Chris Hughton was given that time, despite a terrible run of results and finishing in 20th place last season. The argument you make that Hughton is far more experienced than JFH is moot in this regard. No one has a crystal ball and no one knew for certain whether Hughton would work out, despite his previous success (with far superior squads than the one JFH has).

The only way to find out whether a manager will work out or not is to give them time! This constant speculation about him and other managers seems relatively pointless to me. He hasn't even had a close season to mold his team and bring in his players. He is also hampered by us having to abide far more stringently to the FFP rules.

And while we're on Newcastle, how have they fared with their managerial merry-go-round? Not so well. Hiring and firing is all the rage it seems, but it rarely works as a long-term policy. Many people on here are saying give JFH till October or November or Xmas. I think he should be given the whole season. Rather than cite his relative lack of experience as a problem, why not give him the chance to properly prove himself? I have no doubt Jimmy is extremely ambitious and that he wants to succeed. How great would it be if we had a manager we stayed loyal to, who rewarded us with building a Championship winning team in 2 or 3 years time?

The problem with high expectations is that they are rarely met, leading to constant disappointment. I know patience is in short supply, but at least wait to see what happens in the close season. For me the key thing is that the board stick by JFH. Stability is what is clearly needed, after 4 seasons of turmoil. I'm sure everyone wants JFH to succeed and how great would it be if he did? It's not beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

Working...
                              X