Bye Bye Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Agree with this. So many complaints about how we should be pushing next season then sentiment takes over and people want to hold onto their favourite players who are no longer up to it

Squad player yes can see logic of that but if he's first team player expect similar season to this next season
    Tbf west, "no longer up to it" is totally open to interpretation and a majority of fans (I would say anyway) would disagree with that totally.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Tbf west, "no longer up to it" is totally open to interpretation and a majority of fans (I would say anyway) would disagree with that totally.
      Cool mate but if you watch him closely the second half of season he's visibly shot in comparison to efforts first half. I like the guy but there is to much nostalgia at QPR and we put individuals before the club

Do you honestly think Faurlin in middle will allow us to challenge for promotion or do you think their will be better options out there for the job??

Suppose the real question is what are next seasons expectations and targets if it's to remain in this div he's fine if it's to go up and challenge we need an upgrade of him and few others

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Cool mate but if you watch him closely the second half of season he's visibly shot in comparison to efforts first half. I like the guy but there is to much nostalgia at QPR and we put individuals before the club

Do you honestly think Faurlin in middle will allow us to challenge for promotion or do you think their will be better options out there for the job??

Suppose the real question is what are next seasons expectations and targets if it's to remain in this div he's fine if it's to go up and challenge we need an upgrade of him and few others
        I think Ale alongside a new dynamic CM that would chip in with goals would work wonderfully and easily enable us to push (rest of the side depending of course).
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Ale has been one of our best players this season. Agree he is not the Ale of 4 years ago, however one have to keep in mind that this was his first full season after his third operation. You cannot blame him for being a bit cautious. With a full season under his belt, Ale can only get better. By the way, we have a habit of discarding players as not good enough to then go elsewhere and show their potential. Simpson, Barton, Delaney.....

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Ale has been one of our best players this season. Agree he is not the Ale of 4 years ago, however one have to keep in mind that this was his first full season after his third operation. You cannot blame him for being a bit cautious. With a full season under his belt, Ale can only get better. By the way, we have a habit of discarding players as not good enough to then go elsewhere and show their potential. Simpson, Barton, Delaney.....
            What's even more funny is that people will complain when a player doesn't play with enough heart despite their obvious talent, but when a talented player plays with heart, they want to discard him because he isn't the player he was before he had 3 of the worst possible injuries you could get in football and apparently, that means he isn't good enough. Then you'll have people saying he doesn't score enough or assist enough and they won't consider his set pieces as valuable as open play assists even though they lead to the same amount of goals.

It can be legitimately grating personally to see so many people use the idea that he isn't fast or he isn't scoring loads. He's never been particularly fast, or scored plenty of goals. That's not the sort of player he is. It's only noticeable because we don't have many others who do score except Phillips, Chery and (to a degree) Polter.

3 years ago, we all complained because the club lost it's heart and soul, the family that made it such an appealing club. We have that in faurlin and some want to discard it.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              No no what I mean is that had he not gotten that injury, he'd have really carried us as a team to a much higher position. Remember that season was Barton's worst for us, Faurlin there with Derry or him would have elevated us well above where we were. The work he put in at the time was truly phenomenal and it's a testament to his ability and character that despite the setbacks, his work ethic hasn't changed.

Bit confused with this post. Your saying if he didn't have the injury he would propelled us to a better position?
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                Bit confused with this post. Your saying if he didn't have the injury he would propelled us to a better position?
                I'd say that as a team, we would have done better those last 4 months with Faurlin in the squad to the point where we could have been middle of the table. He would probably have been our poty at the rate he was going, we wouldn't have had a midfield problem for the following seasons in the way we did when Barton left and we may have been a more stable prem club... imo.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  What's even more funny is that people will complain when a player doesn't play with enough heart despite their obvious talent, but when a talented player plays with heart, they want to discard him because he isn't the player he was before he had 3 of the worst possible injuries you could get in football and apparently, that means he isn't good enough. Then you'll have people saying he doesn't score enough or assist enough and they won't consider his set pieces as valuable as open play assists even though they lead to the same amount of goals.

It can be legitimately grating personally to see so many people use the idea that he isn't fast or he isn't scoring loads. He's never been particularly fast, or scored plenty of goals. That's not the sort of player he is. It's only noticeable because we don't have many others who do score except Phillips, Chery and (to a degree) Polter.

3 years ago, we all complained because the club lost it's heart and soul, the family that made it such an appealing club. We have that in faurlin and some want to discard it.
                  I think most are saying he could be a decent squad player but if we want to improve, he shouldn't be in the first team.

Comment

Working...
                  X