Bye Bye Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Faurlin

This won't be popular given the love he seems to have from some on here but i would get rid of the guy. Not the player he was at his best and don't think he is up to the task anymore at this level. If we want to challenge next season we need better and more influential central midfielders. I know it can be sentiment city on here but you can't play a guy just cause he loves the club blah blah blah if he isn't actually that good anymore.

Well lets see who we actually bring in first before hounding out players who are regular starters and performed quite well this season....

Comment

Not as good as he was, but IMO, still easily good enough for this level. He does need somebody alongside him that compliments his game though, as he has no legs at all. Technically a fantastic player though and one of the few players we have who can pick out a decent pass. Sentiment aside, still more than good enough for this level.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Struggle to think of a better passer of the ball in the entire squad

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
          Struggle to think of a better passer of the ball in the entire squad
          And that is the problem in a nutshell. Or at least one of many.

Comment

It would be good if we could find a midfielder like Beram Kayal next to him, an energetic box to box mid. I hoped Diakite would be that kind of player, but he turned out to be a nutcase.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Not as good as he was, but IMO, still easily good enough for this level. He does need somebody alongside him that compliments his game though, as he has no legs at all. Technically a fantastic player though and one of the few players we have who can pick out a decent pass. Sentiment aside, still more than good enough for this level.

This with bells on!!! Easily still good enough for this level. He just needs someone with a bit of energy alongside him.

Comment

Our best midfielder. Needed to have the kid gloves treatment this season after his horrific injuries in the recent past. A full healthy pre-season could see him rock the division again come August.

Comment

It all depends what formation JFH wants to play next season and what style. Couldn't play him in a high pressing 442 we would get roasted in midfield every week. If we carry on with the 2 sitting then he's okay legs have gone but most of the time his passing is on point. Wouldn't be that bothered if he left either. He was immense back in our championship winning season but injuries have certainly caught up with him. For example if we bring in Lansbury and Huws where would that leave Faurlin?

Comment

Sammy, I think it is a bit harsh on Ale, he has been reasonably consistent for us this year. Not the player he once was but nonetheless one of our better players. If we got a decent replacement in then I suppose it makes a bit of sense but I would ship others out before him. Its all about opinions I agree.
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

deserves a contract, useful squad player and man about the dressing room
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                        It all depends what formation JFH wants to play next season and what style. Couldn't play him in a high pressing 442 we would get roasted in midfield every week. If we carry on with the 2 sitting then he's okay legs have gone but most of the time his passing is on point. Wouldn't be that bothered if he left either. He was immense back in our championship winning season but injuries have certainly caught up with him. For example if we bring in Lansbury and Huws where would that leave Faurlin?
                        Think thats a fair point about 4 4 2 mate.

In answer to where that would leave faurlin if we did bring in the above 2 then imo he'd be a fantastic squad member who could be called upon when needed or injuries occur. I definitely think Faurlin has a place in our squad its just whether he's a fringe player psuhing for a first team start or in the 11.

Would love Lansbury and Huws with faurlin backing them up when needed.

Comment

Agree with OP and if he is retained its as a squad player in the same mould as Hill

Take the sentiment out of it and his form at start of season which was superb given what he's been through has declined. He is unable to recover and get back into position leaving us exposed and his great asset his passing has also spiralled. I think going forwards we need midfielders who are capable of doing everything currently in Ali we have MF who can't really throw himself into a tackle (understand why) and is really only in the side for passing ability which is on the decline. Best of a bad bunch I'm afraid and if we are expected to be pushing next season as so many on hear expect and are demanding it won't happen if Ali is the first choice as he's not mobile enough

Comment

Originally posted by Smaug View Post
                            It would be good if we could find a midfielder like Beram Kayal next to him, an energetic box to box mid. I hoped Diakite would be that kind of player, but he turned out to be a nutcase.
                            Steve Sidwell?
                            Will be available on a free/loan this summer.

Comment

never blessed with any real pace , good on the ball but struggles to win it back .with the terrible injuries he's had you are never going to give it your all in a tackle

Comment

Working...
                              X