Bye Bye Faurlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    never blessed with any real pace , good on the ball but struggles to win it back .with the terrible injuries he's had you are never going to give it your all in a tackle
    Tbf, Faurlin certainly does? Never seen him shirk out of a tackle.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Not as good as he was, but IMO, still easily good enough for this level. He does need somebody alongside him that compliments his game though, as he has no legs at all. Technically a fantastic player though and one of the few players we have who can pick out a decent pass. Sentiment aside, still more than good enough for this level.
      this with a bullet! he's certainly one of our more useful midfielders, and would be nice to slot in every few games or more depending on the quality of MFs we bring in.
      its easy to want to get rid and blame sentimentality for his stay, but no one on here would doubt that the Championship is an absolute slog of a season... Sat, Tues, Sunday, then go again. It would be good to bring him in every now and then. And also he's a leader in the dressing room.
      Rangers Til I Die
      follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I feel the guy has the talent and also very important the right Attitude to be part of QPR's squad next season. Also I feel a low gamble as I can not imagine he is on massive money. If I was building a squad for next year he would be part of it. Also so would Clint Hill..

The challenge of years gone by is we have built squads of big heads who all want first team f ootball... Hill and Faurlin would want first team but also would accept they have to earn it. IF we are building a QPR with a fighting change of moving forward we need to blend the right players into the mix. In fairness I can see this happening now under LES and JFH. I would go as far as saying we are 3-4 players from the player offs.

Comment

Why get rid of him? How is going lets get rid of any QPR heroes and bring in a whole new squad on for probably higher wages and expext them to play better straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            Why get rid of him? How is going lets get rid of any QPR heroes and bring in a whole new squad on for probably higher wages and expext them to play better straight away?
            Spot on, changes need to be made gradually. Therefore we will definitely still need people like Ale and Clint around to help settle any new additions and show them what we're about. I think it's a good idea to have ex players on the coaching staff for the same reason

Comment

Got to be a wind up this thread? By far the best midfielder we have and one of the best in the league imo

Comment

also dare i say it needs someone like errrr i don't know Barton next to him to get the best out of him

Comment

Gotta say I love the man , proper player with vision. Feel he's just on the verge of greatness again and it's in our best interests to keep him. No one in our league can ping a ball like ale.
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

The last 3 posts are absolutely 100% spot on. Without a doubt when this guy hits that form he's capable of, he's by far and away the best midfielder in this league. Forget just being a ball player, his set pieces are fantastic (no one has more set piece assists than him this season), he works unbelievably hard despite his lack of pace and his tactical awareness generally gets him out of that sort of trouble, his leadership in midfield is really underrated, he's always giving instructions, guiding players, pushing his teammates and most importantly, no one at this club, not even Clint Hill, plays for the badge like Faurlin does. The man went through 3 of the worst possible injuries you can get and we stuck by him. Now he's finally getting his chance to show what he can do and some want to get rid? shameful.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Its his first full season back after battling injuries for 3 years or whatever it is and he's hardly played bad, he still looks like a threat when the right players are playing well. Keeping him is a priority imo, a proven player for us who can provide great passes on any day and is one of the most technically gifted players in the championship and he's not even 30 yet.

If he didn't have the risk of injury looming over his head then without a doubt the team would be built around him.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                        This won't be popular given the love he seems to have from some on here but i would get rid of the guy. Not the player he was at his best and don't think he is up to the task anymore at this level. If we want to challenge next season we need better and more influential central midfielders. I know it can be sentiment city on here but you can't play a guy just cause he loves the club blah blah blah if he isn't actually that good anymore.
                        I thought he was about our best player against Burnley and not for the first time this season either.

I'll admit I wrote him off after the 2nd cruciate injury, let alone the 3rd one. His comeback this season has been extraordinary though. "Not the player he was", well clearly, poor guy has had 3 career threatening injuries in as many seasons. Even after that though I reckon he's got a lot to offer at this level.

Comment

we need legs in the midfield. Faurlin and Henry wont do. Luongo is better in a 3 man midfield.
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Seen Faurlin a few times this year, he is nowhere near the level he was at 3-4 seasons ago. I personally don't think he has the ability to "run" or "boss" the midfield against the top sides in the division. He was poor against Burnley. Faurlin and Henry have been mediocre at best this season. Think it's time to bring in some fresh faces. Certainly keep Faurlin in the squad but saying he is anywhere near what he was is rubbish.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              Seen Faurlin a few times this year, he is nowhere near the level he was at 3-4 seasons ago. I personally don't think he has the ability to "run" or "boss" the midfield against the top sides in the division. He was poor against Burnley. Faurlin and Henry have been mediocre at best this season. Think it's time to bring in some fresh faces. Certainly keep Faurlin in the squad but saying he is anywhere near what he was is rubbish.
                              I personally disagree with that, I've watched every game this season at least once and I've seen him boss the midfield numerous times, especially the matches against Middlesbrough away (Last minute penalty loss), Derby away and home even if we lost 1 0 away, and then against Preston (home and away), the Reading match away, Leeds at home, Brentford at home, huddersfield away. There were a few times as well in those games where he had around 100 first touches, which is more than enough to suggest he bossed the midfield and he'll continue doing so for sure. I still haven't seen him shirk from any of his responsibilities this season, always looks to receive the ball and has probably held the ball for the most time of any of our outfield players this season which is incredible considering he almost always plays it after a touch or two. He's maybe not at the level he was back then, but back then, he was considered for that half a season to be the best performing defensive mid in the prem, hence arsenal keeping tabs on him. If he was still at that level, he wouldn't be here and if he was, we'd be a mid table prem side, I'll tell you that now.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I totally disagree with this comment, and, in fact, think he should be considered for captain next year as I feel he is the only player with the necessary qualifications.

Comment

Working...
                                X