A new season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    From when he signed in November/December?
    That was what we were told, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      I think our owners are loosing faith in JFH and we won't invest in good players next summer. Will be similar season to this, I'm afraid.
      Any actual evidence of that?

Comment

Jeems, What are you basing us challenging for the play offs on? Results since JFH took over? Our recruitment since our relegation or maybe even the style of football we have served up this season?
        We've stablised this season - havent imploded and gone down again or struggled too much, we have a decent core for next season that have played a fair few games together now. We've been pretty poor all season but despite this we've competed well against the better sides of the division. Today was a good example of this. Burnley are Champions elect, its not like we were chasing shadows all afternoon. Forever optimistic.

Comment

The problem they have is they cannot extend his year long rolling deal based on performances and results upto now. They really have to decide in the summer if he is likely to be given an extention and if they are not convinced then get rid as cannot have a Ramsay situation again next season.

Comment

The problem they have is they cannot extend his year long rolling deal based on performances and results upto now. They really have to decide in the summer if he is likely to be given an extention and if they are not convinced then get rid as cannot have a Ramsay situation again next season.
            Les did say a month ago that jimmy was set a target of top 10 finish. Any lower would be regarded as a failure.

Its a good point u make 73. Problem is, our owners have history rewarding failure.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Stabalised? We made a balls up of Austin's whole contract and sale situation, We have only dropped Green because of his contract situation, We are nowhere near a challenge and have a manager of a rolling deal that needs to be addressed. So not sure that is what you would say is stability.

Comment

It's not hard to see that the team itself is in shambles, you've gotta take into account that our entire team has changed tenfold over the past 5 or 6 years. So many people have come into the club and wiped their ass all over it and the club is still suffering to this day because of it. However, for that to end JFH must be given time to build a team from the ground up again because that's the exact position we're in and there's no other way of looking at it

The club has a clear emphasis on signing diamonds in the rough, there's quite a few people in the team who are still developing as players and they can only get better as a team and individually by playing regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  It's not hard to see that the team itself is in shambles, you've gotta take into account that our entire team has changed tenfold over the past 5 or 6 years. So many people have come into the club and wiped their ass all over it and the club is still suffering to this day because of it. However, for that to end JFH must be given time to build a team from the ground up again because that's the exact position we're in and there's no other way of looking at it

The club has a clear emphasis on signing diamonds in the rough, there's quite a few people in the team who are still developing as players and they can only get better as a team and individually by playing regularly.
                  Careful with that well-reasoned argument on here.

Comment

Lots of well judged points you make which highlights how badly run our club is under Mr Fernandes and co.

Comment

I like the feeling of solidity that JFH conveys after the Redknapp and Ramsey charades, but where is the attitude, the drive, the style of play we so woefully lack at present? This game, like so many others, showed no class, character, drive or identity. Burnley had a very off day and still beat a team that yearned to bore.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                        I like the feeling of solidity that JFH conveys after the Redknapp and Ramsey charades, but where is the attitude, the drive, the style of play we so woefully lack at present? This game, like so many others, showed no class, character, drive or identity. Burnley had a very off day and still beat a team that yearned to bore.
                        The width of a post on Ale's sweet strike and I wonder how different this rhetoric would've been.

Comment

The new season IMO will be no different to this season the DOF will stay JFH will stay and we just mark time and keep playing costs down untill OOC is settled then we wil gol one of two ways either start looking forward or get ready for the bail out
                          Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-05-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I think we'll all know where we stand as a club come July, when we see who has come in and who has gone out
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              With one game left of this season, i am overjoyed at the thought of this dross coming to an end.

Jimmy's tenure so far has brought us 6 wins from his 25 games in charge. 1 away win out of 12.

We have signed a fair few league 1 players with washington the most expensive, costing 3mil but has not featured much.

Do you actually think eveything from the playing style to transfer targets will improve for next season?

Would you stick with the structure at our club and continue with a dof jimmy double act or would you go for a new manager?

Pearson, moyes, rogers are all still available.
                              Flores will be out of a job within the next week even though he has done an amazing job.
                              Clement, mcclaren available. Krankar at boro could also be out.

What would you do?

I would go for flores and say goodbye to jimmy and les personally.
                              What sh

Think we should hire Hughes. Proven record at so many clubs and think Stoke are going to fire him.
                              Great contacts as well so we can get in some proven big name winners

Les not working either. We need a businessman to run the club properly! Someone assocaited with the Olympics or turning other London landmarks into profitable venues.

Would like to see someone from Spurs' backroom staff at us as well. Their record with youth is amazing and would be great if we could pinch the people responsible and have out own Harry Kane come through

SO Hughes as manager, maybe Philip Beard (guy that did the O2) as DoF and then Chris Ramsey (Spurs youth coach) in as part of the coaching set up

Literally can't fail

Comment

I'd start the Summer signings with a big, bruising centre-back. Leicester signing Huth didn't do them any harm
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X