No announcement yet.

A new season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably more essential a smaller club has a DOF, they can't have new managers coming and going, each wanting their own players.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      As I've said about 1 million times in this thread and others, it is indeed all about opinion, I'm glad we can agree on that, although the questioning of DoF by Hitman as you will see was specifically A DoF, not just ours, but conceptually A DoF would not attract top managers, which simply isn't true.
      Ehhh in talking about our club. Not every club in the country.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Ehhh in talking about our club. Not every club in the country.
        Hits mate, I've seen you talking about DoF's you're against the concept of it from what I can tell, I remember us having discussions about it. And lets say for the sake of this situation that you're talking only about our club, it all works on relative levels, if pep can be attracted to working with a DoF at City, then a manager of equivalent relative ability can be interested in joining us. There was never any proof or suggestion that any manager we spoke to were unwilling to talk to us due to having a DoF.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Back in the good old days, directors of football didn't exist due to the chairman having a decent knowledge of the game, their club and it's history. Unfortunately, a director of football is vital here due to TF being pretty clueless in relation to that side of things, as evidenced by his disastrous managerial appointments and failure to realise how bad they were until it was too late.

What is up for discussion though are the direct responsibilities that Les should have. They should be those that the manager is happy with him having because they help him and most definitely not one of interference in any way. If that is the case, then I really don't see a problem. Would prefer to see a different title though, as DOF tends to suggest that they are the manager's direct boss, which helps neither party.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Back in the good old days, directors of football didn't exist due to the chairman having a decent knowledge of the game, their club and it's history. Unfortunately, a director of football is vital here due to TF being pretty clueless in relation to that side of things, as evidenced by his disastrous managerial appointments and failure to realise how bad they were until it was too late.

What is up for discussion though are the direct responsibilities that Les should have. They should be those that the manager is happy with him having because they help him and most definitely not one of interference in any way. If that is the case, then I really don't see a problem. Would prefer to see a different title though, as DOF tends to suggest that they are the manager's direct boss, which helps neither party.
            Indeed - the DoF should be there to help the manager/coach and implement his requirements and not to stand in the way of his plans. Not that I'm suggesting that is what is happening BTW
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

There may have been managers who wouldn't come here because of that, but they may be a dying breed so to speak. Harry wouldn't work under one here, so let them move on. We've confirmed what happens when managers con chairmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                There may have been managers who wouldn't come here because of that, but they may be a dying breed so to speak.
                Spot on.

Comment

Working...
                X