Midfield next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    we are weak in midfield that's clear to see . faurlin and henry lack any pace and both are getting on in football terms. we need someone that drives the players and is a leader
    This times a million. Someone who can run with the ball would be a big improvement. As would someone who can score the occasional goal...... Even one goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Key to midfield next season is getting a ball-winning CDM who can pass
      The key to a successful team.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        This times a million. Someone who can run with the ball would be a big improvement. As would someone who can score the occasional goal...... Even one goal.
        Could not agree more 77. We miss a goal scoring box to box midfielder so much. Most, if not all, top teams have at least 1 CM that chips in with 7, 8, or 9 league goals.... We have about 2 between all of our CMs combined this season don't we?!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Most, if not all, top teams have at least 1 CM that chips in with 7, 8, or 9 league goals....
          Not in this league.

Boro havent even got a striker on more than 8. They do, however, have a fair few players on 4-6 each though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Key to midfield next season is getting a ball-winning CDM who can pass
            Incoming Ale Faurlin. Of midfielders in this division, there aren't many - if any - who have made as many tackles, interceptions, aerial duel wins, blocks as he has; made as few unsuccessful touches per touch taken per game; all while playing a huge amount of passes and Key Passes as well as having as good set pieces as him. Honestly, a midfield duo of Luongo and Faurlin with the right preseason could easily do really well in this division. I'm putting my faith in Luongo starting to really come into his own especially alongside Faurlin.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Incoming Ale Faurlin. Of midfielders in this division, there aren't many - if any - who have made as many tackles, interceptions, aerial duel wins, blocks as he has; made as few unsuccessful touches per touch taken per game; all while playing a huge amount of passes and Key Passes as well as having as good set pieces as him. Honestly, a midfield duo of Luongo and Faurlin with the right preseason could easily do really well in this division. I'm putting my faith in Luongo starting to really come into his own especially alongside Faurlin.
              I think Luango has to have faith put in him but he's played better with a destroyer beside him in Henry but think we need to find a younger version of Henry next season too and I'm Henry fan. Like Ale would have as squad player but need to drip some new blood into centre of the park.

Birdcutt and Luango I think would be decent duo

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I think Luango has to have faith put in him but he's played better with a destroyer beside him in Henry but think we need to find a younger version of Henry next season too and I'm Henry fan. Like Ale would have as squad player but need to drip some new blood into centre of the park.

Birdcutt and Luango I think would be decent duo
                I think Les and JFH agree mate as we was going to bid for Lansbury in Jan until he got injured.

Comment

Joey barton
                  R's

Comment

Working...
                  X