Which would you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you prefer?

1) Being a yo-yo club between the prem and championship for the next 3 years, with all the excitement followed by heart-ache that it brings (not to mention loadsamoney).

2) 3 more years of consolidation and rebuilding in the championship to secure more long-term stability for the club, however dull and boring on the eye that may be in the intervening years.

Thanks to Timmy the Doc for the inspiration.
    yoyo
    39.47%
    stabilising
    60.53%

The poll is expired.

Would prefer this season as being one of consolidation, with huge improvement next season and almost a guarantee of a sustainable promotion the following year. Couldn't possibly put up with this seasons rubbish for another 5 years. I think we are already at risk of driving away some of our much needed fanbase due to boring football that provides almost no entertainment at all.

Comment

Good point Brights. Maybe 5 years is stretching it! I'll change it to 3.

Comment

If this season is stabilising I'd prefer to stick needles in my eyes.....

Comment

Have to agree with 77, has been rather painful at times.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Comment

i just want an attempt at good football , what division we are in comes after that .
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Yo Yo for 3 years please.

Year 1 - Promoted - Deep joy.
                Year 2 - Relegated with loads of money. But look forward to winning loads again.
                Year 3 - Promoted again. More money and work on staying there.

Why wouldn't anyone want to get promoted twice in 3 seasons. Surely, we all want to win every game and competition we play in ? Otherwise, why bother .....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                  Yo Yo for 3 years please.

Year 1 - Promoted - Deep joy.
                  Year 2 - Relegated with loads of money. But look forward to winning loads again.
                  Year 3 - Promoted again. More money and work on staying there.

Why wouldn't anyone want to get promoted twice in 3 seasons. Surely, we all want to win every game and competition we play in ? Otherwise, why bother .....
                  This exactly. I want my team to try to win every match. If you do, you get promoted. How do you plan to lose enough matches to 'consolidate' for a few years? If we plan to toss it off at Wigan on a Tuesday night next season please let us know chaps, and I won't waste my life and hard earned going up there.

Yoyoing has worked out OK for West Brom eventually.
                  Last edited by Alanwycombe; 29-04-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure, as long as our club is stable and playing with passion and playing good football then I'm not fussed, that and youth players breaking into the side would be awesomr. I just don't want us buying mercenaries and throwing money around like crazy and it really destroyed our club.

Ideally I'd want a season like Leicesters....

Comment

Thanks Stanley!
                      I would definitely choose being a yoyo club with all the joy and heartbreak it brings. Consolidation and rebuilding does not guarantee good football or promotion. You can be a yoyo club without making the same mistakes we have made. After all who believes we will ever be an established club in the Premier League? I don't.

Comment

i dont think you can ask questions like that holloway warnock warburtan these guys would have restotred the passion the les ferdinand reign has been devoid of passion,management is all about getting the players to perform above there normal level its about being almost insane its about being clint hill his legs went three seasons ago but he plays well because his m ind wont accept defeat crap managers like ferdinand ,cris ramsey and jimmy floyde think the answer is to keep buying but as you have seen with conor washington if you buy crap you are in a bit of a pickle theres no way we will ever get above mid table and if we did get into the play offs we would keep losing because fundamentally before jim gregory brought passion to our club we had hardly any success a whole succession of jimmy floydes and ramsey and ferdinads kept us being a crap side for almost a hundred years
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

It's hard question to answer.

The financial benefits from a season in the prem would benefit the club massively long term if we did get promoted again. My biggest gripe with QPR when we have gone up is not that we struggle as we are a relatively small team but how we approach staying up. We have thrown money at has beens, split up our promotion winning teams and had no real strategy. In doing so it has made us look a complete joke plus the side effects of those decisions in previous years have seen us go down with a whimper and un prepared for a promotion challenge.

If we went up with a core group of players who we gave a chance to and then added 3 or 4 bits of quality then i'd happily take being a yo yo club. I don't mind that as long as we are competing. I think Burnley are a team who will yo yo up and down and its not a bad ride imo. They have in place a team that competes for promotion in the championship and one that could possibly hold itself in the prem with a bit of luck. However if the worst happens they know if they are relegated they don't have to make whole sale changes and have a very good chance to come back up and try again in the premiership the season afterwards.

As fans we need to be realistic and I think with the owners and at this point in our history we are a top, powerful championship team and should be competing around the top 6 mark. We also have the capabilities to be a prem team who can flirt with staying up but because of poor previous management from the top we have had to consolidate this season and rebuild.
                          If we get things right in the summer I expect us to become a yoyo team again who could possibly go on to secure a top flight status when promoted eventually and with a bit of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            I think Burnley are a team who will yo yo up and down and its not a bad ride imo. They have in place a team that competes for promotion in the championship and one that could possibly hold itself in the prem with a bit of luck. However if the worst happens they know if they are relegated they don't have to make whole sale changes and have a very good chance to come back up and try again in the premiership the season afterwards.
                            Good point Maids. Burnley are a good example of a team that have yoyoed and yet have always remained a very stable club because they've been run sensibly and prudently. IOW yoyoing can be a fun ride for everyone so long as this vital caveat is in place. Furthermore, the more a club yoyos the more likely it is to ultimately settle down in the prem due to all the financial rewards of prem money and parachute payments.

Comment

Well, if the question extended to consolidation followed by a long stretch of unprecedented success leading glory, titles and cup runs past the third round, I'd take that option.

Comment

Working...
                              X