Which would you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    I guess we did briefly but the rest of the foundations were still dust behind the scenes and the more recent policy of buying the kind of players we did during the Hughes/Redknapp eras ensured that we have to go back to the basics and start again IMO
    One problem Holloway had was that there was no real youth set up anymore for him to nuture.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      i agree, but that failure has been down to Fernandes sanctioning the signings and his failure to sack Redkrapp when we could all see what lay ahead last September.
      I would have taken promotion this season (with Warnock) and then appointed a manager capable of keeping the club uo next season and building a squad for the seasons ahead. a Pochettino, Koeman Bilic type of manager.
      Same here. I am by no means anti-JFH, but NW was already in place, and if you believe the myth that he never wanted the gig then you'll believe anything.

Comment

Yo yo. Better for engagement. Stabalising conjures up images of extra wheels on a bike. Still a bit wobbly and falling off the pace. We couldn't do stable if we were given a donkey to look after.

Comment

the longer we are out of the top tier the bigger the gulf in quality of player we'll have to bridge. Next season promotion please
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            the longer we are out of the top tier the bigger the gulf in quality of player we'll have to bridge. Next season promotion please
            Do you think we have the ambition to do it?

Comment

excitement as the last 4 or 5 seasons have been going up and down, what we need is stability both on and off the oitch and financially
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Only one way for me thats up n up

Comment

yoyo

Comment

Working...
                  X