Kane Hemmings - QPR and Villa keeps tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
    Kenny Miller (other than that one rangers spell for a couple of years was never prolific) and Rod Wallace did just fine in England and Kris Boyd barely got a chance, only one season. I just don t want to say players can't hack it in England without trying. I don't think we are a club that can afford to buy established talent anymore so we have to take chances with good scouting and so on.
    It's just very hard to access the level of these lad in Scotland owing to the fact their top division is pony. Mainly league 1 level at the very top and even worst going down their divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Do bear in mind that Martyn Waghorn who did the rounds in the Championship averaging about a goal every 5 gmaes has just gone up to Scotland and scored 20 goals in as many games at Rangers. My point being, you cannot look at stats of a player playing in Scotland and think that a goal scoring record up there will translate to the same in England.

Loads of examples of players that haven't cut it down here tearing it up in Scotland in fact. Rod Wallace, Kenny Miller, Ally McCoist, Kris Boyd etc.
      Waghorn is Scottish championship whereas this lad is Scottish prem. There are always examples of some that do and some that dont make it, that is the risk with transfers

Comment

look on the bright side, if he turns out to be a donkey, it'll make Polter look like Aguero
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Hemmings is probably better than the strikers we've got at the club in my opinion, Scottish Premiership is under rated and is well on the up again, yes I agree a few years ago it didn't work out for players like Boyd and Scott McDonald but the latest ones to go down south like Jonny Russell, Naismith, Steve Davis, McCormack, Andy Roberson, jelavic, ki, and the 3 ex Celtic lads at Southampton, they're all playing at a pretty high level, even sone aluko who was bang average for Aberdeen. I think waghorn will be found out next year in the Scottish premiership. Although it may be hard to believe, with watching both Aberdeen and qpr this season, I reckon they're a pretty similar standard, sad really when you think of the 250 million wasted by Tony. Good thing is aswell, 250k is an absolute Bargain and even if it doesn't work out he'll still have a better sell on value, it happened with the boy Stevie May who it didn't quite work out for him in his 750k move to Sheffield Wednesday, but they still managed to sell him on to Preston for a million, the championship is a very expensive league.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            I've a soft spot for the Dee so have seen him play a good few times this year. He is having a great season and is a good finisher but overall I don't think he would be good enough for a championship team looking to go up. Had a season at Barnsley in Lge 1 already that didn't seem to go well. If you look at the standard of player Dundee have then you are talking about League 2 level IMO.
            And how much did QPR pay for League 1 striker Conor Washington and so far he has failed to score for QPR?

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              Waghorn is Scottish championship whereas this lad is Scottish prem. There are always examples of some that do and some that dont make it, that is the risk with transfers
              It is a risk but at 250k it is clearly one worth taking

Comment

jimmy floyde may as well take the gamble because eventually the fans may turn on him
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

NO from me, seen him play as I live in Dundee, yes he scores but his fitness is shocking and would not hack it in championship, Dundee v Dundee United is live on tv Monday night if anyone fancies watching him, I'll be at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    NO from me, seen him play as I live in Dundee, yes he scores but his fitness is shocking and would not hack it in championship, Dundee v Dundee United is live on tv Monday night if anyone fancies watching him, I'll be at the game.
                    If this it true and we go ahead and sign this type of player, it will demonstrate to me that we have no hope of pushing on next season.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Stevie May anyone..another who hardly made the grade down here...

working in Scotland during the week recently i have been to a lot of midweek games..and in the last few weeks i have seen Rangers , Aberdeen , Hibs , Hearts, falkirk, Livinston, alloa, and the standard is lower championship at best..exciting games littered with errors, goalkeeping howlers and the occasional worldy and some shocking refs

Players that have stood out for me are

Tavernier (Rangers) - rightback / wing back 16 goals from that position
                      Mckay Rangers - Tricky winger with a cracking shot!
                      Bartley Hibs - A holding midfielder - Henry Type player
                      Gray hibs - Right back reads the game well
                      Knox - young kid at Livingston
                      Juanma -hearts
                      Hayes - Aberdeen

I think anyone coming down from Scotland should not be considered an instant answer but someone who may need time to settle into the competitive standard of the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        If this it true and we go ahead and sign this type of player, it will demonstrate to me that we have no hope of pushing on next season.
                        Why? If he said he was complete poo, I'd understand but he said his fitness was shocking, something that can be improved fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          Why? If he said he was complete poo, I'd understand but he said his fitness was shocking, something that can be improved fairly quickly.
                          Plus the fact someone earlier in the thread who is from Aberdeen said he is a good player. Just depends who you want to believe to fit your agenda

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            Because clearly he needs working on. It will take alot more than pre season to sort out that mentality. Would be a signing for the future, not for a promotion push next season.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Promotion push next season is not realistic.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                                Kenny Miller (other than that one rangers spell for a couple of years was never prolific) and Rod Wallace did just fine in England and Kris Boyd barely got a chance, only one season. I just don t want to say players can't hack it in England without trying. I don't think we are a club that can afford to buy established talent anymore so we have to take chances with good scouting and so on.
                                Could be wrong but was'nt Rod Wallace a South Londoner ?

Comment

Working...
                                X