Kane Hemmings - QPR and Villa keeps tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kane Hemmings - QPR and Villa keeps tabs

Aston Villa and Queens Park Rangers keep tabs on Dundee star man Kane Hemmings
    • Star Dundee striker has a £250,000 buy-out clause in his current contract
    • Aston Villa and QPR are among the clubs monitoring his developments
    • Hemmings has scored 25 goals for Scottish Premiership side Dundee

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz474ZT6QNT

For that price, surely worth trying to purchase based on his goal record.

Comment

Wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane_Hemmings

Comment

Great striker

Comment

Do bear in mind that Martyn Waghorn who did the rounds in the Championship averaging about a goal every 5 gmaes has just gone up to Scotland and scored 20 goals in as many games at Rangers. My point being, you cannot look at stats of a player playing in Scotland and think that a goal scoring record up there will translate to the same in England.

Loads of examples of players that haven't cut it down here tearing it up in Scotland in fact. Rod Wallace, Kenny Miller, Ally McCoist, Kris Boyd etc.

Comment

I've a soft spot for the Dee so have seen him play a good few times this year. He is having a great season and is a good finisher but overall I don't think he would be good enough for a championship team looking to go up. Had a season at Barnsley in Lge 1 already that didn't seem to go well. If you look at the standard of player Dundee have then you are talking about League 2 level IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Do bear in mind that Martyn Waghorn who did the rounds in the Championship averaging about a goal every 5 gmaes has just gone up to Scotland and scored 20 goals in as many games at Rangers. My point being, you cannot look at stats of a player playing in Scotland and think that a goal scoring record up there will translate to the same in England.

Loads of examples of players that haven't cut it down here tearing it up in Scotland in fact. Rod Wallace, Kenny Miller, Ally McCoist, Kris Boyd etc.
              I think that is because the standard of home grown player has plummeted, not just Scotland but in all the Home countries. Watching the Youth Cup Final last night there was no one playing that stood out as an exciting prospect. Doesn't bode too well for the long suffering paying fan
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

On the flip site, Ross McCormack, Steven Fletcher and Steven Naismith have had decent careers down south. Granted, the list isnt huge but you dont find gems until you start digging.

Comment

At 250,000 in this day and age it might be a risk worth taking. Id day the Scottish premiership is around league 1 standard with maybe a couple of clubs making championship grade just!! So 25 goals at his age isn't bad.

However it would be another punt and my only concern is we our forward line would consist of Polter, Washinton and this lad who are all punts. Polter seems to have worked out but I still think we need someone proven if we are to kick on and challenge next season.

Comment

Leigh Griffiths is the only striker in Scotland who is good enough for a challenging CC-team, from what I have seen.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Kenny Miller (other than that one rangers spell for a couple of years was never prolific) and Rod Wallace did just fine in England and Kris Boyd barely got a chance, only one season. I just don t want to say players can't hack it in England without trying. I don't think we are a club that can afford to buy established talent anymore so we have to take chances with good scouting and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Leigh Griffiths is the only striker in Scotland who is good enough for a challenging CC-team, from what I have seen.
                        Yeah, I think he could play championship level (did well when he eventually got played at Wolves) maybe even lower prem.

Comment

Not sure but players from Scottish football don't excite me.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

For 250k yes, its hardly gunna break the bank getting him and won't break our hearts if it doesn't work out

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              For 250k yes, its hardly gunna break the bank getting him and won't break our hearts if it doesn't work out
                              No brainer ain't it. Hope we go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X