No announcement yet.

Redknapp would have got us promoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets face it Arry would have walked/stumbled with a bad knee when the board wouldn't give him loads of cash to spend on the squad, or is that something that would never happen?

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
      that's kind of generous in the extreme to red chap. during his championship season, the club's income dropped by £22m following relegation and while the wage bill fell by £2.6m. the decrease in the wage bill was approximately £50k a week - approximately half the saving achieved just by moving chris samba on.

as far as the (not actually negotiated by red chap) relegation clauses go, the likes of green, fer, caulker, sandro etc still all appear to be on massive wages for the championship... so not sure how this particularly disadvantaged him.

in reality, red chap was given lavish funding that was way out of line with what any reasonable expectation. that he only just managed to limp across the line (probably because the players were motivated by the promise of a promotion bonus) remains astonishing.

He didn't negotiate the wages he didn't negotiate the transfer fee he didn't carry out the medicals he identified the players he wanted , yes it's down to him there were more than enough plss takers among his signings there has been a lot more wrong at QPR than Redknapp after all he was doing what T F wanted , me I don't support H R in any shape or form but not all his signings were wage grabbers or waisters this obsession against H R covers up for bigger offenders at the club

Comment

I think if Redknapp was the manager we would have been in the play offs. I think the top 3 teams still would have been better than us, but Harry was a good experienced manager. (Not that I am wanting us to re-hire him)

Comment

People try to downplay Redknapp's role by saying we didn't deserve to go up and it was only ooh Bobby's lucky kick that got us promoted. That's more or less nonsense as we had to play well enough 46 league games, two play-off matches and 89 minutes at Wembley in order to deserve the chance to win the final.
          Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 28-04-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            He didn't negotiate the wages he didn't negotiate the transfer fee he didn't carry out the medicals he identified the players he wanted , yes it's down to him there were more than enough plss takers among his signings there has been a lot more wrong at QPR than Redknapp after all he was doing what T F wanted , me I don't support H R in any shape or form but not all his signings were wage grabbers or waisters this obsession against H R covers up for bigger offenders at the club
            i agree that he didn't negotiate the wages etc ...errr, but you brought up that he managed with a shrinking budget.

personally, i think the club has had a substantial culture issue that has held it back over the past few years. it tried to expand too much, too quickly - a naive board trusted experienced football heads like hughes, redknapp etc in the search for short term fixes. too many players felt they were doing the club a favour by signing and not enough of them turned up week in/week out in matches to justify their wages. maybe the players weren't past it, but in truth, we only sold a couple for a profit and we struggled to give many of them away.

the culture change that has occurred under les ferdinand and lee hoos was desperately needed - lower wages, younger players who could possibly command resale value. we'll never know if it was this new approach that made red chap's knees suddenly ache just that little bit more than they did before the transfer window closed, but i can't see how he would have saved us (he'd taken 0 points from 11 away games by the time he left - even the supposedly useless ramsey managed 7 points from the remaining 8 games).

Comment

we most likely would have been higher up on the table with harry all year, but our squad would be filled with older players with no future plan for the club and we would always be changing the squad year in and year out. this next transfer window will decide our fate next year.
              Strike First, Strike Hard, Show no Mercy

Comment

Redknapp was a #### and best a long long way away from Loftus rd.

Cheers for Wembley, that was lovely. But the rest of the time? ####.

Comment

Genuine gut feeling says that under redkanpp we probably would of made the play offs. Under Warnock we would of gone up imo.

Both not long term visions ultimately. Under JFH we have a chance to rebuild and try to progress steadily with some sort of strategy. I'm not disappointed we aren't in the play offs this year as I still think we need to get our house in order before we go up again.

Comment

I'm 90% certain that Pep Guardiola would have got us into the play-offs.

100% sure that Pellegrini would have smashed it though.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                      Genuine gut feeling says that under redkanpp we probably would of made the play offs. Under Warnock we would of gone up imo.

Both not long term visions ultimately. Under JFH we have a chance to rebuild and try to progress steadily with some sort of strategy. I'm not disappointed we aren't in the play offs this year as I still think we need to get our house in order before we go up again.
                      Post of the day goes to Maids

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                        i agree that he didn't negotiate the wages etc ...errr, but you brought up that he managed with a shrinking budget.

personally, i think the club has had a substantial culture issue that has held it back over the past few years. it tried to expand too much, too quickly - a naive board trusted experienced football heads like hughes, redknapp etc in the search for short term fixes. too many players felt they were doing the club a favour by signing and not enough of them turned up week in/week out in matches to justify their wages. maybe the players weren't past it, but in truth, we only sold a couple for a profit and we struggled to give many of them away.

the culture change that has occurred under les ferdinand and lee hoos was desperately needed - lower wages, younger players who could possibly command resale value. we'll never know if it was this new approach that made red chap's knees suddenly ache just that little bit more than they did before the transfer window closed, but i can't see how he would have saved us (he'd taken 0 points from 11 away games by the time he left - even the supposedly useless ramsey managed 7 points from the remaining 8 games).
                        A lot of what you say is true but my point is that posters heaping the entire blame for QPR failings on H R is misleading as it evades other people's responsibility for the current state of affairs
                        It was T F that wanted the big spending before H R got to the club who was the man TF appointed that handed out exorbitant contracts before H R arrived these people escape scrutany while posters heap it on H R as for his knees a blind man could see H R forced out probably taking pay off and blamed it on his knee's .
                        IMO the club has been in melt down from the day T F took over due to his hero worship of big name international player's
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-04-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Which is EXACTLY what everyone wanted, without exception, when we were chucking money away under Redknapp. But now it's a poor policy to some fans for some reason. Impatience is the worst trait of the modern football fan imo.

Top post, Maids by the way, agree with every word.
                          We simply have to look long term if we want to become sustainable and avoid the yo-yo club tag.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

redknapp gave me the greatest qpr day in 57 seasons so yeah hes at least ten times better than jimmy floyde whos only a little better than useless
                            and should take a course in plumbing

holloway ,warnock,warburtan and redknapp would have guaranteed promotion
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

That sounds nice in theory. If it was so easy every club would do it. I would rather be a yo-yo club (with more sustainable financing and spending than last time) than building the club for another 15 years in the Championship and League 1.

Comment

'Arry was beyond a joke. He failed to keep us up in his first season despite having more than half a season, managed to make us even worse. We scraped through via play offs (yes great day at Wembley) playing awful, predictable football. In his third season no way would be have stayed up. Had the worst away record EVER. People point to home form yet by the time he left that had nosedived.

Bloke was inept. Obvious example being letting Danny Simpson go leaving us with no recognised RB and abandoning his wing back formation after about half a game! That is beyond stupid.

All he did was talk crip and play to the press. Should have retired years ago. Complete waste of space. Having him in charge, Wembley aside, was farking awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X