Clear All

Mark Hughes would have got us promoted.

With games to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      The 2013/14 squad was way better than what we have now
      Would like to hear your arguments.

Comment

One things for sure we would have stood a far better chance of staying up if Redknapp had stayed till last may

Comment

3 of the players named in our squad for this season left in january. Redknapp had the luxury of having his squad for the whole season. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            3 of the players named in our squad for this season left in january. Redknapp had the luxury of having his squad for the whole season. Just saying
            Plus carte blanche to add to it, despite the poor quality of the additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              Our squad this season is same standard or possibly better than two years ago:

2013/14
              Green
              Simpson Dunne Hill BAE
              Barton O'Neil
              Phillips Carroll Hoilett
              Austin

2015/16
              Smithies
              Perch Onuoha Hall Konchesky
              Sandro Faurlin
              Phillips Fer Hoilett
              Austin

Any experienced manager would have got us promoted this season.
              I think we'd have another new squad full of players past it, how much would the wage bill have been still under Arry?

we improved when Steve McClaren came in.

Comment

[QUOTE=MYU;1531635]I think we'd have another new squad full of players past it, how much would the wage bill have been still under Arry?

we improved when Steve McClaren came in

McClaren had an easy run of games the quality of the football was dross but he still got points , I can only think of one player Redknapp signed that was past it Rio , yes he signed players who had the wrong opinion of themselves but not past it , and most posters ignore that he also cut the wage bill he inherited from the previous era also what's ignored is that there was a clause on his his signings that wages would fall in the event of religation

Comment

We barely got promoted that year and that squad is way better than this season. We had Ravel for half the year too.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                    We barely got promoted that year and that squad is way better than this season. We had Ravel for half the year too.
                    Quite right Nan but what wouldv'e happened if JFH hadn't came along this season we could easily have gone down the whole team spirit was decaying week by week , Redknapp hadn't lost the dressing room the to the level Ramsey had

Comment

Harry will always be the manager who oversaw a win at Wembley and one of the greatest days in my time following the hoops BUT he seriously blotted his status with Knee Gate and the way he limped away from us, throwing the towel in and his interviews since.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Redknapp would have got us promoted
                        I really like the way you've written this grammatically.

Comment

2013/14
                          Green
                          Simpson Dunne Hill BAE
                          Barton O'Neil
                          Phillips Carroll Hoilett
                          Austin

2015/16
                          Smithies
                          Perch Onuoha Hall Konchesky
                          Sandro Faurlin
                          Phillips Fer Hoilett
                          Austin

Green - Capped by England and had lots of Prem experience Vs Smithies - Lower table championship experience only. (I know Smithies was much better than Green this season but he's comparing it on experience).

Simpson - Premiership experience, promoted from the Championship with Newcastle, currently the new prem Champions first choice RB Vs Perch - Some prem experience, mainly Championship. Relegated with Wigan last season.

Dunne - Hugely experienced International and Premiership player Vs Nervous Nedum - Some prem experience, mostly Championship.

BAE - International, Champions League & Premiership experience (lazy but good on his day) Vs Konchesky - Bundles of Premiership experience but God knows how?

Barton - Premiership experience and promoted from Championship with Newcastle Vs Sandro - Was a good player but has hardly kicked a ball for 4 years.

O'Neil - Decent amount of experience in Prem & Championship, promoted with Norwich last year and has featured for them this year Vs Faurlin - 3 ACL injuries in 4 years.

Carroll - Featured for Spurs a fair amount this year Vs Fer - Hardly set the world alight at us and Norwich, not doing great currently at Swansea.

Austin - Was only with us till January this year?

Also we had Ravel Morrison for a good portion of the promotion season who was integral.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            I really like the way you've written this grammatically.
                            Huge compliment for Timmy the Doc from Stanley. Trust me, this sort of thing really matters to him
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              Huge compliment for Timmy the Doc from Stanley. Trust me, this sort of thing really matters to him
                              Yes Blue. We all have our bugbears in life and that's definitely one of mine

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                McClaren had an easy run of games the quality of the football was dross but he still got points , I can only think of one player Redknapp signed that was past it Rio , yes he signed players who had the wrong opinion of themselves but not past it , and most posters ignore that he also cut the wage bill he inherited from the previous era also what's ignored is that there was a clause on his his signings that wages would fall in the event of religation
                                that's kind of generous in the extreme to red chap. during his championship season, the club's income dropped by £22m following relegation and while the wage bill fell by £2.6m. the decrease in the wage bill was approximately £50k a week - approximately half the saving achieved just by moving chris samba on.

as far as the (not actually negotiated by red chap) relegation clauses go, the likes of green, fer, caulker, sandro etc still all appear to be on massive wages for the championship... so not sure how this particularly disadvantaged him.

in reality, red chap was given lavish funding that was way out of line with what any reasonable expectation. that he only just managed to limp across the line (probably because the players were motivated by the promise of a promotion bonus) remains astonishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X