No announcement yet.

This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent season, I thought it was going to be worst. All the waffle about how great the players were in our squad. It has shown this season, the mercenaries are out, a mixed bag of signings in, a topsy turvey start has levelled out to a not bad season. I think if we end up in the top half it would be a great achievement for us.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
      No it's been a shambles with the squad Ramsey had playoffs was a must he failed BIG time and Under JFh has been no difference
      I'm guessing you're not renewing for next season either then
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I'm guessing you're not renewing for next season either then
        If I remember correctly he said he has already bought one with his son? I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          If I remember correctly he said he has already bought one with his son? I may be wrong.
          Yes, I remember that too.

Comment

Somewhere down the middle for me too. On paper we had one of the best squads ever seen in the championship at the start of the season but well, we all know how that worked out...

However under JFH I've seen loads of positives this season and the club has a clear and positive philosophy going forward and hopefully we're in a good place. Gotta admit, the past few years have been very frustrating and sh*t. We had everything at our fingertips but due to the way the club was ran and the has beens we signed we became a laughing stock, heck, due to the players attitudes and performances at times I just really didn't care if we won or lost.
            I like the signings we're making now though, the type of football we're playing and the hard working attitude of most of the team, its really refreshing to see which is why I've bought my first season ticket for next year.

Can't wait to see who we sign next season and just next season in general, challenging for a playoff place would be a great step in the right direction!

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              Yes that's right hoping we get into playoffs this season
              R's

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                On paper we had one of the best squads ever seen in the championship at the start of the season
                We had a FAR better squad in 2013/14 and narrowly scraped through promotion.

Comment

Somewhere down the middle for me too. On paper we had one of the best squads ever seen in the championship at the start of the season but well, we all know how that worked out...
                  !
                  That's some statement mate

Comment

neither a success or failure just middle of the road stuff

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      That's some statement mate
                      Well, we had multiple internationals and supposed premier league level players along with a guy who had just scored 18 goals in the premiership.

Like I said, on paper we did have one of the best squads for the Championship and based on player reputation alone we should have walked this league.
                      Of course that didn't happen but thankfully most of our 'class' players managed to get a move due to their reputations

Comment

Well, we had multiple internationals and supposed premier league level players along with a guy who had just scored 18 goals in the premiership.

Like I said, on paper we did have one of the best squads for the Championship and based on player reputation alone we should have walked this league.
                        Of course that didn't happen but thankfully most of our 'class' players managed to get a move due to their reputations
                        I make you right mate but being a good player without the desire to put in the effort for your fans and wage packet = some sort of #### we can do without , our best players this season haven't been the most gifted ,
                        But in reply to the o\p the true reflection of the fans view on this season will show by how many S\Ts are sold by august

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                          No it's been a shambles
                          A predictable shambles unfortunately.

Comment

If Hull and Burnley are going back up we look like a tinpot outfit this season not to have even been competing. The squad will only get weaker next season with our ' find hidden gems' transfer policy.

Comment

no way a "successful" buy mid ish table is where I thought we would be I look ahead to next season with a positive veiw but also worries as whether this season is a look into the future of the seasons to come mid table bland ness. The main question is how did we get smashed twice by the fools ?????

Comment

Yes & No. I voted Yes though - as from a financial perspective and looking at the club moving forward, YES it has been a success.
                                No in terms of getting promoted, No because Ramsey should never have been in charge, no because we made the wrong decisions not selling Charlie, Phillips, etc earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X