This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
    No it's been a shambles with the squad Ramsey had playoffs was a must he failed BIG time and Under JFh has been no difference
    I beg to differ. Under Ramsey we were trying to 'win' games, scoring more goals, but shipping them in abundance. JFH's been trying to stop us from losing games.

We lost 17/32 games with Ramsey playing 'Attacking' football & only winning 3 more games than JFH. Under JFH, we've lost 7/26 (source).

This is plain and simply progress. It's not pretty, but there's a difference.

Comment

I have voted yes as whilst no its not been a great success the fact we have avoided being drawn into a relegation tussle, which was entirely possible then I think we will be in a good position to progress next season. Would like to see a little more entertaining football but we need to get the basics right first and then hopefully that will follow. JFH needs a pre season and some more of his own buys and we will be there or thereabouts.........IF and its a big IF we hadn't been shipping all those late goals, Ipswich, Hull, Bristol, Blackburn etc etc we could have been play off contenders but if we had we all know the current side would not hold their own in the Prem, so a couple of seasons away COULD do us the world of good.

Comment

We are so impatient as fans, and not just on this forum, even at the ground (me included ).
        I mean we have had one season back in the championship where we are not in a promotion race in so many years.
        How long have Ipswich been trying and failing and yet have still stuck with Mick McCarthy. Why didn't they sack him the first season he didn't get them up due to supporter outrage?
        How many people are saying if jfh hasn't got us top of the table within ten to fifteen games next season he has to go. Why?
        We are not Liverpool or Manchester United, steeped in top flight winning history, so why does it have to be promotion to the premiership or bust and keep sacking the manager for QPR.
        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 28-04-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          No for me. Ramsey was an appointment that should never have been made so it was always gonna be a struggle from then on. Happy with JFH and looking forward to next season.
          Totally agree about Ramsey.
          As for JFH, the jury is still out. He hasnt managed to get enough wins to impress me. The team set up seems too negative especially with just one centrr forward supported by two wingers playing in a slightly more central area.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Totally agree about Ramsey.
            As for JFH, the jury is still out. He hasnt managed to get enough wins to impress me. The team set up seems too negative especially with just one centrr forward supported by two wingers playing in a slightly more central area.
            As has been said here before, the first thing a manager should do is stop the losses, especially when in our situation and they're coming as consistently as they did. We cut down significantly to be honest from the CR days so I'd take that personally. Hopefully we'll work hard on fitness over the summer and play a more intelligent counter game where we're still solid defensively but more ruthless in attack.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              has this season been a success or not? Simple Yes or No and why?
              in a word - crap

Comment

Working...
              X