25 april 1998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 april 1998

such an amazing finish... our lads aren't getting a look in.

18 years later now... if it was a person, it could now stand as an mp, buy fags and booze, get a tattoo and sit on a jury.

Qpr?

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

such an amazing finish... our lads aren't getting a look in.

18 years later now... if it was a person, it could now stand as an mp, buy fags and booze, get a tattoo and sit on a jury.
      Get this in the Pub lad

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Qpr?
        Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        Get this in the Pub lad
        Well fellas, seeing as it was against us, I don't see too much wrong with it.

According to Pollock's own wicki entry :

The own goal condemned Manchester City to relegation to the third tier for the first time, whilst keeping QPR in the division. As a result, a group of QPR fans thanked him by voting him the "most influential man of the past 2,000 years" in an internet poll, where "Jesus came second, apparently."

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

The own goal condemned Manchester City to relegation to the third tier for the first time, whilst keeping QPR in the division. As a result, a group of QPR fans thanked him by voting him the "most influential man of the past 2,000 years" in an internet poll, where "Jesus came second, apparently."
          Yes it was to be fair, I have nothing else to say here haha.

Comment

Didn't even know that was against us. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

He was on Soccer AM not too long afterwards, and they showed this a few times. I sent an E-Mail in later in the show saying about the internet poll, in California I think, and how he had been voted the most influential man ever. He didn't look happy as Tim Lovejoy read it out, and they showed the goal a few more times!

Comment

Not only was it a classy finish but the significance of the goal was monumental. Vividly remember my old man going absolutely ballistic

Comment

Working...
                X