Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ingram

I was incredibly impressed with Matt Ingram yesterday. He looks a genuinely talented prospect to me and a true natural. His body language oozes class, confidence and composure. Always calm under pressure too, and as Gareth Ainsworth says - the perfect temperament for a goalkeeper. Further, he's a good height, commands his box vocally and with his presence, plus looks a great shot-stopper too. Ainsworth believes he can go right to the top, and I agree with him.

Now for the controversial bit. From what I've seen of him so far for us and Wycombe, I rate him even higher than Smithies, which is saying something as I think he's class too.

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I was incredibly impressed with Matt Ingram yesterday. He looks a genuinely talented prospect to me and a true natural. His body language oozes class, confidence and composure. Always calm under pressure too, and as Gareth Ainsworth says - the perfect temperament for a goalkeeper. Further, he's a good height, commands his box vocally and with his presence, plus looks a great shot-stopper too. Ainsworth believes he can go right to the top, and I agree with him.

Now for the controversial bit. From what I've seen of him so far for us and Wycombe, I rate him even higher than Smithies, which is saying something as I think he's class too.

(I'm aware of the other thread but it's giving the subject a different angle).
    I think he needs more games before we can compare him to smithies (given how many times smithies has been MOTM on the offy), but I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the end of it. Truly a great great pair of keepers we have.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Start Ingram but if we concede a pen sub him for Smithies

Comment

Looked good yesterday but Smithies foot movement is far better and a big reason as to how he made Green look like the keeper he is. Error prone!

Comment

If both are that good, can only see one keeper staying with us for next season.

Will either of them be happy to sit on the bench?

As Nas says it's far to early to make that call, not seen enough of him to make a judgement.

Comment

It looks good for next season, 2 decent young keepers
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

going to be tricky keeping both happy and both here long term.

Seems strange that you would almost hope one is clearly better than the other, but rarely works out when you have two good keepers equal to each other, as ultimately the one not being played will move on.

Good signings from the club though and given their respective ages, they can either be successful here for many years or move on for a good profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
                Matt Ingram will be a Premier League goalkeeper, 100%
                http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/h...att-ingram-qpr

Comment

Hopefully next season we might take the approach to make ingram number 1 for cup games (not that we ever go to far in them).

It's brilliant we got to good keepers. Ingram has time on his side due to age so no need to rush. I also wouldn't be surprised if Smithies doesn't pick up admirers from the prem next term as he is a class act imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                    going to be tricky keeping both happy and both here long term.

Seems strange that you would almost hope one is clearly better than the other, but rarely works out when you have two good keepers equal to each other, as ultimately the one not being played will move on.

Good signings from the club though and given their respective ages, they can either be successful here for many years or move on for a good profit.
                    if they continue to impress we may struggle to keep either of them. Jimmy needs to get his #### in gear and get us up and running sharpish next season. 'It is what it is' is beginning to irk somewhat
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Can't think Ingram was told he will be number 1 when he signed, so I fully expect decent competition for the shirt and both to stay.

Comment

Quite refreshing having 2 keepers good enough for the no.1 spot. Great move by JFH bringing Ingram in, he's shown he is good enough to keep Smithies on his toes, and that's only a good thing imo.
                        Whoops, did I just compliment JFH?
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Two games hardly enough to judge.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I am thinking that there may have been interest in Smithies and a large enough bid would convince us to sell. The same with Chery, although I think we will get more for Smithies than Chery.

Comment

Working...
                            X