Matt Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ingram

This young goalkeeper has played two good matches for us now. Compared with Smithies is he just as good? I just wonder.
    Last edited by Shania; 24-04-2016, 08:36 PM. Reason: Have/has- Grrrr,silly me.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

That save from the free kick was really good!

Nice situation to be in but Smithies & Hall are my favourites & I like to see them every game. Fair play to Ingram though, keep pushing !
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

clever management from Jimmy, bring Smithies back for Burnley and let Ingram play against Bristol City. Hopefully Jimmy makes some astute signings in the Summer, we need something to cheer us up, been a dire season tbh
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Both keepers are absolute quality....

Comment

Thanks, qpr and Lymehoop. I have seen Smithies play, but not Ingram. Is Ingram commanding his erea just as well as Smithies?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
            Both keepers are absolute quality....
            Thanks, appreciated.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Decent lad, wasn't phased by the away fans making a bit of noise at each kick. Great save from that free kick, really good
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Decent lad, wasn't phased by the away fans making a bit of noise at each kick. Great save from that free kick, really good
                And he can kick!!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  And he can kick!!
                  Both he and smithies can amazingly, we actually have a pair of keepers competent at most jobs a keeper needs to be competent at it seems.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thought he was great yesterday - but I've noticed he doesn't like getting the ball out early, always like to hold onto it and go long. It might just be nerves, or maybe that's his game. Regardless, great home debut!

Comment

We're fortunate to have two very good young keepers.

Just a shame we can't say the same for most other positions, although who knows, the summer comings and goings might just put that right.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Both he and smithies can amazingly, we actually have a pair of keepers competent at most jobs a keeper needs to be competent at it seems.
                        Whilst still far better than Green's, Smithies does have the odd poor kick in him (lads where I sit always making comments about how he must do kicking training with Green). That's not knocking him at all, he has been fantastic for us, just a very minor comment. Ingram, however, seems to have a great kick on him. Having good distribution from the keeper is so important IMO, rather than just lumping a ball forward for their CB to head straight back to us (or, in Green's case, kick it straight off for their throw)

As numerous people have said, so refreshing to have 2 quality young keepers fighting it out for the number 1 jersey.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X