Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't warm to him myself

Comment

I think for a lot of fans, Jimmy came in and immediately had a lot of respect because of his pedigree and his demeanour. I really just hope fans give him time, he really can take us up to another level of success.

As for the point made that his points per game are lower, I put it to you that Ramsey only played 3 matches against the top 6 teams (Got 2 points). JFH has played 7 so far and there's one more to play against a top 6 side (6 points with a much weakened team compared to Ramsey's). At the end of the day, who were ramsey's results against? Got a good win against wolves away but his other wins? Rotherham at home who were awful at the time, Bolton at home, MK at home. Not the most difficult wins. Meanwhile look at JFH, wins against Ipswich, Birmingham, Derby, Brentford all good results for us and obviously the wins against Rotherham again, Charlton as expected. Yea there are a few disappointing results but he's not gonna get every result, especially with a middling side like ours.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Cue thread turning to "Warnock in"

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Cue thread turning to "Warnock in"
          Which post do you think it will happen? I'm going with #23
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            can't warm to him myself
            I'm the same. I try, but so far I can't.

Comment

I thinks it's hard to call with jfh right now. There have been some positives and also a few negatives.

But if I look at our team at present then I think we are roughly placed where we should be with this squad of players at his disposal. If he had turned a few of the draws or 3 or 4 to wins then there would be nothing to moan about imo.

I like everything he's saying for next season such as he wants to bring in more 23, 24 and 25 year olds and build a predominantly British squad.

I expected 60 points from jfh to satisfy a ok return this season. Will judge him next season as I believe we have the basis of a good side and if he can pick up 4 or 5 quality editions we should be challenging.

In the fence atm but think would be hard to dismiss his credentials we just need to see him implant his plan over the summer.

Comment

An obvious "yes" to the original question. However, too early to know whether the appointment will work out. We have potentially the best preseason coming up that we've had for some time. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Bring Warnock back imo

Comment

Yes, but Warnock is better then JFH
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Warnock won't comeback. He was retired then came.out of retirement to help Rotherham. I also don't see why we are pinning our next 10 years on a man who is 67. What is the point in a quick promotion yet again? We don't have the squad to deal with the premiership andyet again Warnoxk would have to leave as he is not a Premiership manager.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        Warnock won't comeback. He was retired then came.out of retirement to help Rotherham. I also don't see why we are pinning our next 10 years on a man who is 67. What is the point in a quick promotion yet again? We don't have the squad to deal with the premiership andyet again Warnoxk would have to leave as he is not a Premiership manager.
                        We're not allowed to talk about Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          I will say, yes. He has got rid of the bad eggs/high earners. Austin,JET, Fer, Sandro. He has brought through previously ignored players such as Polter and Hoilett and is now.integrating some.youngsters. Whilst getting similar results to Ramsey so yes he is better. Building a team that is confident and is actually becoming a team, whilst having a very similar record is a good job. No Austin is a.big difference between the two. I would.say JFH having Austin for the same.amount of time.as Ramsey had him, JFH would have the better record.
                          Moat of those players are still here. The problem hasnt been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            Bring Warnock back imo
                            Cheers for that mate

Comment

In terms of style of play most likely not. Still find it strange why we pay nearly 3 million for a centre forward who needs to get a goal and only give him a few minutes here or there and yet we bring on the fella from Burton every week with 20 minutes to go. If our wide men are shite every game why pick them every game as that means a waste of a sub!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                In terms of style of play most likely not. Still find it strange why we pay nearly 3 million for a centre forward who needs to get a goal and only give him a few minutes here or there and yet we bring on the fella from Burton every week with 20 minutes to go. If our wide men are shite every game why pick them every game as that means a waste of a sub!
                                You act like he hasn't given Washington any game time. He's started 6 games and done sweet FA. He can't just expect to get more chances if he doesn't take the ones he's given. As I've said before, Polter had 4 goals and an assist in his first 6 starts for us.

And then if you want to say why bring on Nasser, it's because Nasser has come on and made an impact in two games, debut assist, and recent winner against charlton. He's got pedigree as a game changer, he's earned his time on the pitch. I'm all for CW and hope he does succeed, but he needs to take advantage of any little time he gets. He hasn't so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X