Is JFH any better than Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is JFH any better than Ramsey

One win in seven. Results and performances getting worse game by game.

I will say, yes. He has got rid of the bad eggs/high earners. Austin,JET, Fer, Sandro. He has brought through previously ignored players such as Polter and Hoilett and is now.integrating some.youngsters. Whilst getting similar results to Ramsey so yes he is better. Building a team that is confident and is actually becoming a team, whilst having a very similar record is a good job. No Austin is a.big difference between the two. I would.say JFH having Austin for the same.amount of time.as Ramsey had him, JFH would have the better record.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      One win in seven. Results and performances getting worse game by game.
      Come off it lad, no motivation for the players, experimentation under way to a degree, We're a much more solid outfit and in general we are much more difficult to score against. Ramsey kept getting goals because we had Austin. Right now, we're getting goals without him and when we get a true finisher in at the end of the season, we'll be getting plenty plenty more next year without conceding. Before that run of 1 win in 7, we had 3 wins in 4 against teams all above us. Proof that there is such a thing as psychology, give a team nothing to play for and they won't play. Simple.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yes he is, we have been better in the games JFH has had over the ones Ramsey had.

Comment

Not much between them but think JFH is slightly better

Comment

JFH needs to be a lot braver next season for me or the draws will keep on coming. 13 draws under JFH now with 6 wins and 6 defeats.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Come off it lad, no motivation for the players, experimentation under way to a degree, We're a much more solid outfit and in general we are much more difficult to score against. Ramsey kept getting goals because we had Austin. Right now, we're getting goals without him and when we get a true finisher in at the end of the season, we'll be getting plenty plenty more next year without conceding. Before that run of 1 win in 7, we had 3 wins in 4 against teams all above us. Proof that there is such a thing as psychology, give a team nothing to play for and they won't play. Simple.
              1. Agree that JFH can't motivate our players.
              2. We are more difficult to score against because Smithies is in a better form than Greeno.
              3. We are scoring less than under Ramsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                1. Agree that JFH can't motivate our players.
                2. We are more difficult to score against because Smithies is in a better form than Greeno.
                3. We are scoring less than under Ramsey.
                1. Are you really trying to twist my words? You know damn well what I mean mate haha.
                2. It takes a good manager to drop him and more so, it takes a good manager to organise the defence as well as he has and it's a bit of an insult to put the defensive solidity on one player.
                3. Indeed we are, Ramsey had 22 goals in 15 and JFH has 29 in 26. But again, you are ignoring the point that Ramsey had Charlie Austin. If he had Polter instead of Austin all season, we'd have about 18 goals in 15 (I did the numbers), much less impressive and probably not consistently possible throughout a season, with Polter likely to fluctuate hugely throughout the year especially without the coaching of both Les and JFH. Now, I still hold firm that Polter can get plenty of goals in a league season (possibly break the 20 mark just through sheer determination and being on the pitch for a full set of games, but as many as Charlie could have? No chance.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We have a weaker squad now under Jimmy. He's got us punching above our weight. I expect the squad to get even weaker over the Summer when even more wages get shifted. If we are mid-table next year we'll be lucky to keep hold of him.

Comment

Just as clueless.

Comment

In terms of points per game Ramsey was better.

I don't believe that Jimmy got Hoilett playing better, this was a combination of Warnock and the fact that he suddenly became an international footballer (thanks Canada!). Hall has been the breakthrough of the year and credit for this should go to Ramsey/Les (not sure which).
                      It is definitely duller with Jimmy in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        Just as clueless.
                        Seems so.

Comment

Yes in answer to the OP.

Comment

ramsey had lost the fans , walking off to the boo's at brentford he couldn't even look at our fans , i feel the fans are being more patient with JFH but some of his team selections are baffling . jimmy will be judged next season this season his remit was to get us mid table and stay there , kick on next season . yesterdays game lacked any desire or quality from both team a drab affair

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              ramsey had lost the fans , walking off to the boo's at brentford he couldn't even look at our fans , i feel the fans are being more patient with JFH but some of his team selections are baffling . jimmy will be judged next season this season his remit was to get us mid table and stay there , kick on next season . yesterdays game lacked any desire or quality from both team a drab affair
                              Doesn't seem to be much connection between jimmy and fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X