"The Chief"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    That was bad too but Ned's blunder was criminal as he had more time and the player was in a far more dangerous position.
    Ok firstly, Ned is going to close down Kermorgant because no one else has. No, he certainly isn't close to Rakels, but he has two options here, close down Rakels and risk Kermorgant shooting or try and close down Kermorgant. He gets stuck right in the middle and can't really do much other than try to block it. I can see how you feel it is his fault, but honestly, the amount of luck in that goal is quite large for me to just blame a player and call his work "criminal"
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Ok firstly, Ned is going to close down Kermorgant because no one else has. No, he certainly isn't close to Rakels, but he has two options here, close down Rakels and risk Kermorgant shooting or try and close down Kermorgant. He gets stuck right in the middle and can't really do much other than try to block it. I can see how you feel it is his fault, but honestly, the amount of luck in that goal is quite large for me to just blame a player and call his work "criminal"
      Look at the stills I posted above. Why do you think i posted them if not to make it clear? Or better still, watch the replay in real time. Faurlin is on Kermogant - that's his man. Ned is on Rakels, or he was supposed to be but failed dismally.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        No one, the bounce of the ball just went their way 3 times it shouldn't have. Not much we can do about that.
        Do me a favour, this is professional football we are talking about not Sunday league.

It's like you are scared to blame Onoura for fear of upsetting him.

You keep defending the 'chief' mate. I'd love to see how many goals we have conceded this season alone where the blame would lay at his feet.

People say Mackie's enthusiasm and whole heartedness is not enough and I agree but the same has to be said about Onoura

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Faurlin is on Kermogant - that's his man. Ned is on Rakels, or he was supposed to be but failed dismally.
          And Luongo is in no man's land. Shambles all round really.

Comment

Zonal-marking? Thatīs risky business, IMO.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Zonal-marking? Thatīs risky business, IMO.
              Not sure we mark Zonally do we Shania? Never been a fan of it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                Do me a favour, this is professional football we are talking about not Sunday league.

It's like you are scared to blame Onoura for fear of upsetting him.

You keep defending the 'chief' mate. I'd love to see how many goals we have conceded this season alone where the blame would lay at his feet.

People say Mackie's enthusiasm and whole heartedness is not enough and I agree but the same has to be said about Onoura
                Do me a favour, and understand that Onuoha is still a talented footballer at least, unlike Mackie. This is Onuoha's level, he's thrived at it this season and his partnership with Hall has been one of the best in the league. I keep defending him not because I'm afraid of upsetting him, but because blaming him for that goal would be incorrect when there are 3 or 4 other candidates who are equally to blame, such as Faurlin (too slow to react to the move of Kermorgant), Luongo (was just standing there as a false cover), Perch (who actually got out of the way of the cross). The whole thing was a moment of no one really doing their job right, singling out Ned isn't particularly right.

In general as well here, you've suggested that Onuoha is only enthusiasm and whole heartedness, except for the fact that he's consistently in the top defenders in the league for tackle success, number of tackles, interceptions, clearances, dribbles, aerial duel wins. He makes a couple of mistakes here and there but so do most defenders in this league, the way the ball is played makes it a magnet for errors. Even Hally's made mistakes and he's someone many consider to be a completely solid defender.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Agree with Stan that Rakels was Ned's man. When the ball is crossed in he is marking him, the ball is played to Kermorgant (who is marked by Faurlin) and Ned is drawn to it and distracted from his man who he leaves free in the box for the goal. 100% Ned's man and he shouldn't have left him

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Not sure we mark Zonally do we Shania? Never been a fan of it myself!
                    Hope not, Tarbie.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X