"The Chief"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
    In my opinion if we have aspirations of promotion next season then we need to bring in 2 maybe 3 defenders.

I think we need a recognised right back and at least 1 new centre half.

Need isn't the worst signing we ever made and wears his heart on his sleeve I just scratch my head at times at how high,y some rate him, but then it's all about opinions.

My sentiments exactly. It's not that we have a bad defence or Ned's awful or perch at rb for that matter. It's more 'what are our aspirations'. If we are happy to compete around mid table maybe just flirt withthe top 8 then keep the same but imo if we want to push on and be a creditable force next season then JFH and co need to be ruthless and bring in better quality at cb and rb as they will need to do in other positions through the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
      Pony defender. Always has been. Captain my hole.
      Think that is a little harsh, not the greatest in Rangers history but certainly not pony, very decent Centre Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        Strange that when it happens, the other player doesn't go for it either
        But it's still Ned's fault.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          But it's still Ned's fault.
          #ThanksOnuoha
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I hope the club read these threads and never sign a ball bounce watcher again, because it annoys people who don't realize there's a reason for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              a centre half is taught never let the ball bounce , ned ignores this a lot of the time and gets in trouble , he can't read a game and gets in poor positions ( time after time he doesn't get goal side of his marker) . can't fault him for effort but he's one of those players that would rather not have the ball , looks massively awkward with it , take hall his biggest asset is his composure , yes he makes the odd mistake but when he sees danger he just outs it ..... ned is a mistake waiting to happen and no capitano .
              Pretty much agree with this.

Ned is a bit awkward and not always the best at reading the game at times, also as a few have pointed out he has a nasty habit of letting the ball bounce. But what he lacks in footballing ability he makes up in passion and he's pretty pacey for a big fella which digs him out of a situation or two. Personally I think he's a decent enough centre half at this level and put him next to someone who can actually play a bit like Angella or Hall and you have a strong central defence.

What he isn't is a full back, I also don't think he's really worked out as captain either.

Comment

Who do we think was at fault for the Reading equaliser?

It looked like a very poor goal to concede to me and yet another example of switching off at a crucial time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  Who do we think was at fault for the Reading equaliser?

It looked like a very poor goal to concede to me and yet another example of switching off at a crucial time.
                  No one, the bounce of the ball just went their way 3 times it shouldn't have. Not much we can do about that.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    No one, the bounce of the ball just went their way 3 times it shouldn't have. Not much we can do about that.
                    Disagree. There is EVERYTHING we could and should have done. Even the manager admitted it.

Watch it again. Ned is clearly the one at fault. He's caught ball watching and loses his man completely, allowing him acres of room to score. It's a cardinal sin allowing a player like Rakels all that room in the box and not being touch-tight.

Comment

Ned's pace often gets him out of trouble but also helps us in dangerous situations where he can recover one on ones. However he leaves his man far too much space, often loses concentration and is slow to react to sudden shifts of direction by his opponent (hence not good at full back). At this level it is difficult to find a CB who excels in all areas. I would say he is par for the course (but never a captain!)

Comment

Look how much space he gifts Rakels here from the moment the cross comes in (and by comparison observe how much tighter Hall is to his man).
                        Again he's clearly caught ball-watching instead of marking his man - the golden rule for every CB:

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Look how much space he gifts Rakels here from the moment the cross comes in (and by comparison observe how much tighter Hall is to his man). Again he's clearly caught ball-watching instead of marking his man - the golden rule for every CB:
                          Why was no-one touch-tight on Kermargant - the player who played Rakels in?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Why was no-one touch-tight on Kermargant - the player who played Rakels in?
                            That was bad too but Ned's blunder was criminal as he had more time and the player was in a far more dangerous position.

Comment

Ned's good enough for us at CB. Has his faults and aint the smartest but we've got bigger problems elsewhere... But I still want a new CB and have done for YEARS now.

He shouldn't be captain but he's almost captain by default. Who else is a candidate? Ale? Clint? They're not guaranteed to be fit week in week out.

Comment

Anyway Ned could do well enough in a well regimented back four.

WES MORGAN and Robert Huth are about to win the Premiership ffs. With good training average players can play as part of a solid defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X